Thread: Muslim Brotherhood take Egyptian elections by storm!

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Muslim Brotherhood take Egyptian elections by storm!

Well, I must say, this is going pretty much exactly the way Obama wanted it to.

Judges overseeing the vote count in Egypt's parliamentary elections say Islamist parties have won a majority of the contested seats in the first round. The judges spoke on condition of anonymity because official results are expected to be released later Thursday.

They say the Muslim Brotherhood could take 45 percent of the seats up for grabs. The liberal Egyptian bloc coalition and the ultra-fundamentalist Nour party are competing for second place.

Together, Islamist parties are expected to control a majority of parliamentary seats by March. This week's vote was the first of six stages of parliamentary elections that will last until then.

Continued success by Islamists will allow them to give Cairo's government and constitution a decidedly Islamist character. It could also lead Cairo to shift away from the West towards the Iranian axis.
    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...1#.TtfbHoR0r8B

Returns June 3rd.

Since last February I have predicted that the Muslim Brotherhood would win elections in Egypt. People have thought me very pessimistic. Now the votes are starting to come in and…it’s much worse than I thought. But my prediction that the Brotherhood and the other Islamists would gain a slight majority seems to have been fulfilled and then some. According to most reports the Brotherhood is scoring at just below 40 percent all by itself.

Why worse? For two reasons:

First, the votes we now have come from the most urban areas of the country. If there are Facebook sophisticates they’re going to be in Cairo and Alexandria. If the moderates do that bad in the big cities, what’s going to happen in the villages up the Nile? If the fascist party came in first in some European countries Social Democratic districts you know you are in trouble.

The Brotherhood came in first in Cairo and Alexandria. Think about that. Of course there are millions of migrants from rural areas in those places but that’s also where the middle class, such as it is, lives.

Second, the moderate parties didn’t even come in second they came in third or close to it. The Salafists—that is people who are even more radical than the Muslim Brotherhood—came in second. That they did that well is a surprise. That they did that well without bumping the Brotherhood down a notch is really shocking.

Estimates for the Justice Party, the Facebook kids of January are getting 5 to 10 percent. Even together with the other two main moderate parties that means the liberals won’t be able to block anything. Already the Brotherhood is tasting blood and talking about pressing the army junta to accelerate the turnover of power.

It’s hard to see, though that there can be any such transfer of power. The voting is far from finished and will be going on for about three months more, followed by a presidential election. Oh, yes, the results so far suggest that the Islamists will also win the presidency.

That’s when the fun really starts. President Barack Obama is going to face a challenge he is incapable of meeting since he doesn’t even understand what’s going on. He’s like a man who has been told that a ferocious lion is really a playful kitten and then tries to feed it by hand.
    http://www.gloria-center.org/2011/12...an-i-expected/

Returns June 3rd.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Surprise, surprise, surprise.

But there's nothing to fear from radical islamists....

It won't be long before they start threatening Isreal with destruction.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by nitewatcher View Post
    You watch before all is said & done the US will be in securing the Suez Canal
    Either that or they'll seize and close it. This is a bad bit of business, yet Barry tries to paint it as something good. WTF?
    Returns June 3rd.

That's exactly what Barry wanted. Has he said he's disappointed? The spin was Democracy.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Most of us knew this was going to happen. It's going to happen in Libya, Yemen and Syria. we'll trade brutal dictators for Al queda.
    My only fear at this point in Egypt is they'll be using those nice shiny Abram tanks and top of the line fighters we gave them to attack the only real ally we have in the middle east.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post

It won't be long before they start threatening Isreal with destruction.
    Welllll it is the primary job of "Isreal" to make sure every country in the Middle East - and beyond - hates the US.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    My only fear at this point in Egypt is they'll be using those nice shiny Abram tanks and top of the line fighters we gave them to attack the only real ally we have in the middle east.
    The US has no "real ally" in the Middle East (However, we do have a parasite* firmly attached to the wallets of the US taxpayer.)

Wart

*Defined as: An entity receiving support, advantage, or the like, from others without giving any useful or proper return.

Whats that's supposed to mean? Israel should just sit back & take whatever comes at them?
    It means I am not concerned with the care and feeding of Israel and am interested in what's best for MY country.....the USA. That's what it means.

Wart

I would think those former assets are marked for target practice.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Most of us knew this was going to happen. It's going to happen in Libya, Yemen and Syria. we'll trade brutal dictators for Al queda.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

True, but can you see Obama denying his brotherhood spare parts to destroy Israel?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Shit. We really need to get the obummer out as fast as possible. 2012 elections can't come quick enough IMHO.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    Welllll it is the primary job of "Isreal" to make sure every country in the Middle East - and beyond - hates the US.

Wart
    Total bullshit, but then that's your stock and trade.
    Returns June 3rd.

Congress can cut the funding for the spare parts going to egypt if the dork wont The US will ultimately choose the side of Israel. Much to the chagrin of wart
    Yep.
    Returns June 3rd.

We all already knew this. The question is WHY was it allowed to happen.

I remember in my UN course 15 -/+ years ago, they claimed that the world should have 5-6 coequal spheres of political power, and that each of these spheres of influence should get their "fair share" of natural resources and jobs, i.e., manufacturing capabilities. This was also meant to offset US power, naturally.

And that's what I believe is really happening. The globalist in the UN are allowing the muslim and chinese worlds to offset America's power. That's the whole reason Clinton gave the Chinese American tech and factories. And it's the same reason Obamao is allowing Islam to rise to power in the Mideast. And let's not forget Eurarabia. Arab oil and culture for European food and manufactured goods. Today. Tomorrow, Europe will be Islamic.

Keep your eye on the canary, Israel, as they go, so goes our world.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    We all already knew this. The question is WHY was it allowed to happen.
    Just a simplistic theory, but maybe it's bambam's continuing effort to appologize to the world for americas audacity to exist?

What better way to appologize to alquaida and the taliban for the horrors Bush brought to them in a racist unjust illegal war than to quietly(relatively speaking) and deliberately put them back in control of the new reincorporated ottoman empire?

God help us if a guess is right because that means this is just what we know about. There's no telling what's been done covertly.

I'm having a bad day and this shit just makes it more depressing...time for something to lift my spirits a bit.

History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.