Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the Dead generate electicity.

I don't know about that. I mean how would you feel if your passed away loved one's were to be used for this? I'm kind of against this. Doesn't feel right you now? It says R.I.P on their gravestones, but if they're being used like that, well, they're not really resting are they?

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    There you have it folks, proof of concept!

Odly enough, there is a gym about a quarter mile from me where they do have all the the treadmills and stationary bikes generating power on the grid. The people on them are of couse alive, but I guess that depends on who you ask...

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    So would you advocate putting hot looking dead chicks out for turning tricks?
    Hot looking - dead chicks. Is that possible?

Oh dear God...

Then again, I've heard of people who like to crack open a cold one now and then.......
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Same here on both counts. Our cemeteries are getting full and wasting a lot of prime real estate anyway.

Everyone in my family wants to be cremated. Keep some of the ashes in a urn to remember them by, spread the rest of the ashes out over their favorite vacation spots, a scenic river or the sea.
    Burial is ridiculous. It wastes real estate and deprives the earth of some useful organic material. Bodies should be buried VERTICALLY and with no coffin. Let the decomp flow back into the earth and make something grow.

I think dead bodies should be dropped into uninhabited forest areas and given back to nature... or at least like some cultures do... place the body in a "bone box" for a year, let the animals consume it down to the skeleton then bury the bones or "bury" then at sea.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Same here on both counts. Our cemeteries are getting full and wasting a lot of prime real estate anyway.

Everyone in my family wants to be cremated. Keep some of the ashes in a urn to remember them by, spread the rest of the ashes out over their favorite vacation spots, a scenic river or the sea.
    Waste energy to burn the body, deprive the planet of your decomposition products and fill the atmosphere with CO and CO2 as a result of the cremation.

What kind of a tree hugger are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    Well it beats my idea for putting zombies on treadmills. You know, like at one of those gyms where they face the street behind a big window. When people walk by the zombie will start hoofin it towards them opperating the mill and turnin' the ol' solenoid. Bang, energy crissis solved!
    How about that guy in the commercial that trained hamsters to generate power for his laptop? Row... row... row...

Quote Originally Posted by ak4a1 View Post
    I don't know about that. I mean how would you feel if your passed away loved one's were to be used for this? I'm kind of against this. Doesn't feel right you now? It says R.I.P on their gravestones, but if they're being used like that, well, they're not really resting are they?
    I see your new... welcome to Gunsnet!

As far as "resting in peace"... what does that have to do with a dead body? IF there is an afterlife... obviously it does not involve the corporeal body (wow that's redundant) obviously because the body rots in the casket.

If there is a "heaven" and someone goes to "heaven", do you think they care if their old body rots, is experimented with or is filled with colored epoxy and displayed in a museum?

When I die, first I want any and all organs that can be used to help living people taken and then used. Send the rest to a medical school to help teach anatomy and physiology (a VERY fascinating course), then toss the rest in the forest to let the animals eat.

I only ask... make sure I'm dead first!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post

As far as "resting in peace"... what does that have to do with a dead body? IF there is an afterlife... obviously it does not involve the corporeal body (wow that's redundant) obviously because the body rots in the casket.

If there is a "heaven" and someone goes to "heaven", do you think they care if their old body rots, is experimented with or is filled with colored epoxy and displayed in a museum?

When I die, first I want any and all organs that can be used to help living people taken and then used. Send the rest to a medical school to help teach anatomy and physiology (a VERY fascinating course), then toss the rest in the forest to let the animals eat.

I only ask... make sure I'm dead first!
    That's a silly last sentence because if they did all that you would be dead from that process.

ZE: We bring good things back to life.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

I plan on being cremated myself but I don't get the idea of burial as wasting land, it's being used, it's bought and paid for. I consider it the only land a person might actually own to do with as he wants (as long as that want is to be planted there).

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    That's a silly last sentence because if they did all that you would be dead from that process.
    Of course. I meant make sure I'm dead before you start slicing and dicing. Having my corneas or kidneys removed while alive would suck.
    You know the tradition of showing a body for 3 days (called a "wake") comes from the days before it was possible to truly insure a person was dead and not in a coma or something else. The "wake" gave the person time to "wake up" in case they were not dead, avoiding the horror of being buried alive. After three days, the body was cold and it was certain to be safe to bury.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Of course. I meant make sure I'm dead before you start slicing and dicing. Having my corneas or kidneys removed while alive would suck.
    You know the tradition of showing a body for 3 days (called a "wake") comes from the days before it was possible to truly insure a person was dead and not in a coma or something else. The "wake" gave the person time to "wake up" in case they were not dead, avoiding the horror of being buried alive. After three days, the body was cold and it was certain to be safe to bury.
    Plus there would be marked decomposition going on if really dead. Stink, stank, stunk!

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Burial is ridiculous. It wastes real estate and deprives the earth of some useful organic material. Bodies should be buried VERTICALLY and with no coffin. Let the decomp flow back into the earth and make something grow.

I think dead bodies should be dropped into uninhabited forest areas and given back to nature... or at least like some cultures do... place the body in a "bone box" for a year, let the animals consume it down to the skeleton then bury the bones or "bury" then at sea.
    City dwellers always think there are vast stretches of wilderness but for the most part there isn't. I'm sure those who actually spend time out and about would love rotting corpses everywhere. Brilliant.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    City dwellers always think there are vast stretches of wilderness but for the most part there isn't. I'm sure those who actually spend time out and about would love rotting corpses everywhere. Brilliant.
    Not to mention all the headaches for the CSI and forensic people. What's to stop someone from depositing a body there to get rid of the evidence? The stage would be set for a lot more Jimmy Hoffa's.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation

Its disrespecting a dead body. When you keep in mind that the corpse used to be somebody's grandma or wife or kid it seems very wrong to "harvest" what you can from the body. Human beings are worth more than that, this is just another example of us slowly losing our value.

Would you like it if your kid was used to generate electricity?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12