Thread: Think I gonna join a hiking club.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Think I gonna join a hiking club.

Since all my buddies are too broken down and my wife and kid are not interested, I am going to get a membership to Tennessee Trails Association from Santa. Looks like they go to some pretty cool places. And the vodka made me forget my question.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Perhaps you'll come to your senses.

Wart

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Since all my buddies are too broken down and my wife and kid are not interested, I am going to get a membership to Tennessee Trails Association from Santa. Looks like they go to some pretty cool places. And the vodka made me forget my question.
    Not a bad idea. I love to hike through the woods regardless of the time of year. It's amazing how much different stuff you can run across in just a 500 acre plot.
    Returns June 3rd.

Usually I go to places in Tennessee like Savage Glf, Virgin Falls etc..We have been going to Colorado the last few years to Ouray and wow the hiking there is superb. I think I simply burned my family out on the trail thing.

That's not a bad idea at all. It's good cardio in my opinion. Healthy living! Go for it!

Has anyone ever tried to join a hiking club only to be told to take a walk!

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Usually I go to places in Tennessee like Savage Glf, Virgin Falls etc..We have been going to Colorado the last few years to Ouray and wow the hiking there is superb. I think I simply burned my family out on the trail thing.
    Yeah, it's one of those things people either like or don't. Great exercise, sounds to me like you should give it a shot.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

Question

have you ever done the walls of jericho? it's a good 8mile in tennessee or 6mile in alabama hike. watch for rattlers and copperheads in summer. i kicked around the idea of joining the club. but decided i wouldn't have enough time to go when they had organized hikes. i know a couple of good people who do belong.

I haven't gotten around to Walls of Jerhico but I will knowing me. Tennessee has some great hikes. It aint like the Rockies but beautiful just the same.