Thread: OH JUST GREAT!!

Roadhouse Groupee

OH JUST GREAT!!

http://presstv.com/detail/213765.html

A senior Iranian military official says Iran's Army has shot down a remote-controlled reconnaissance drone operated by the US military in the eastern part of the country.

The informed source said on Sunday that Iran Army's electronic warfare unit successfully targeted the American-built RQ-170 Sentinel stealth aircraft after it crossed into Iranian airspace over the border with neighboring Afghanistan.

He added that the US reconnaissance drone has been seized with minimum damage.

The RQ-170 is a stealth unmanned aircraft designed and developed by Lockheed Martin Company.

The US military and the CIA use the drone to launch missile strikes in Afghanistan and in Pakistan's northwestern tribal region.

The unnamed Iranian military official further added that “due to the clear border violation, the operational and electronic measures taken by the Islamic Republic of Iran's Armed Forces against invading aircraft will not remain limited to the Iran's borders.

The report comes as the United States has beefed up its military presence in and around the Persian Gulf region in recent months in the wake of popular uprising in Bahrain.

The US Department of Defense says Washington is closely monitoring the developments in Bahrain, which is the headquarters of the US Navy's Fifth Fleet and holds some 4,200 US service members.

I think considering the history of their news reporting it would be prudent to wait for proof. They've claimed all sorts of things in the past that have turned out to be less then factual.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I'm thinking that these would have some kind of self destruct mechanism incorporated... surely.

So, I also call BS.

There are no bigger and more proliferant liars than the Iranians - other than Obummer of course.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post

There are no bigger and more proliferant liars than the Iranians - other than Obummer of course.

And Newt.

Wart

Roadhouse Groupee

It may be BS but there's been no official denial

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    go to that site and read the responses. Doesn't seem like it garners unbiased viewers/readers. I say BS also.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    I'm thinking that these would have some kind of self destruct mechanism incorporated... surely.

So, I also call BS.

I sure hope so...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Roadhouse Groupee

it's official now

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...sing-us-drone/

so yes it's ours, yes they have it, but they didn't shoot it down it was just a $6 million fuck-up

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

If you send them up, sooner or later one of them will come down.
    Returns June 3rd.