Thread: Well, I'm Back...

Well, I'm Back...

Had a major melt down, not board related, just had reunited with another Thunderbird team member back on 11/13, and it reminded me on who I was, prior to the two car crashes that damaged my brain and ruined a lot of my short term memory. My thoughts of the future were very dark, but I snapped out of it, realizing I'm not just living for myself, but for my kids and wife.
    Still, going from a very good military career, into a quite lucrative career as a building inspector (making over $100k/yr), to someone who has trouble remembering what four items I need at the store. Not a day goes by when I'm not saddened over it, and unless you have walked a mile in my shoes, you have no clue what it is like.
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Glad to have you back, Bro.

Just keep on keeping on my man.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Hopefully you have, or will, get some VA disability and maybe some SS disability as well.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I'm awful sorry to hear all that. I hope you get cheered up some by Christmas.

Good to have you back.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Glad to see you back.

Please remember (definitely no pun intended) that you live not only for your immediate family, but your extended family and friends. WE VALUE YOU!!!

Again, glad to see you back here and all my best wishes for things to continue to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by ATAK, Inc. View Post
    I'm not just living for myself, but for my kids and wife.
    I can't think of any better medicine
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Hang in there ATAK, at least your alive. All the best to you and your family.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Glad to see you back.

Please remember (definitely no pun intended) that you live not only for your immediate family, but your extended family and friends. WE VALUE YOU!!!

Again, glad to see you back here and all my best wishes for things to continue to get better.
    Couldn't have said it better! How is your camaro comming along? (I am very envious)

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ATAK, Inc. View Post
    I'm not just living for myself, but for my kids and wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    I can't think of any better medicine
    Nor can I.

Wart

4 years ago I suffered a very bad heat stroke during PT, was unconcsious for some time with a temp of 109 degrees and suffered some brain damage and muscle tissue damage as well. Short term memory has never been the same, seriously I cant hardly remember a few simple items to pick up at the store either.

I know how it is man, and it sucks. But just like you I have a wife that helps me make life the best it can be.

Glad to see you back again ATAK.
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Welcome back, I hope things improve.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Glad you're back. Sorry to hear about the misfortunes

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Glad you got it figured out, your one of the good guys on this board.........now get that damn camaro finished

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Glad you are back.....

You may not remember the bread and milk, but you remember your family....chris3

ATAK, Glad you're back.
    Sometimes just knowing whats wrong makes it easier to handle.
    I keep a notepad handy, It helps me alot.

Mike

Happy you're back.
    As mentioned previously, keep family first and foremost.
    God willing, you'll recover you're ability to remember all things.

God bless!!
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Welcome back. It's good you have a handle on it now. Hopefully, things will come back, maybe a little at a time, but every day is another day to get better. Hang in there. My thougths are with you and yours.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

ATAK, Inc. welcome back. I had no idea all that had happened to you.

First off, thanks to all of you, you are my brothers and have helped me more than once here!
    A little backround, this accident happened in November of 2005, and I spiralled out of control over the next several months. Going from taking minimal notes on my observations of the construction of a 42 story luxury condo and doing 12-20 reports a day to struggling with simple details of what was going on and ultimately getting canned in Feb. 2006. Then moving to Idaho in July to take over a management job in Inspection that I was more than qualified for, but was not capable to even come close to handling. That lasted 3 months. I did get rated higher on my VA disability and got SS disability, but that took two years. Those two years took a toll on my life, my relationship with my wife and girls and on my ability to deal with things.
    I've been ashamed of what I'd become, a great Air Force career, including being a member of the Thunderbirds, then on to being a respected Structural inspector in the Las Vegas valley, to this...
    But, there are more important things, like family!!! I'm on the road to rebuilding a lot of wrongs over the last several years, and am actually doing a pretty good job so far. It takes a daily pep talk to myself to do these things, but it's getting there. The Camaro has been on hold since moving back here, there was/is a lot of animosity from my wife regarding the car. But now, the conditions are; to finish it, my girls must want to do it and work with me and learn from me to finish it. They, especially my oldest and our sort of adopted girl are really wanting to see it done, mainly because they just started high school and want to be cool. Also, my oldest loves Camaros, she wants a '68, but would settle for my '69
    Guns were another issue between my wife and I, so, since the spring, I've sold off everything I bought on my own, mostly low end stuff, she likes the PKM and wants it to stay around!!! So what I have now is: my NDM-86, PKM, AK-103 clone, AK-74M, M-4 w/EoTech, a Polish folder waiting to be built and a G kit waiting in line.
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002