Thread: Rude awakening...

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Rude awakening...

I just found out that my claim for re-evaluation of my disability has expired with no action taken by the VA. I kept receiving letters requesting my file number, it was printed right on the letter, and any supporting documentation for the re-evaluation. Well, the VA already has all the information as I have been going to them for 35 years. The inital form said not to request documentation if the VA has it on file.

I requested additional information from the air force but no joy there. I guess I will have to drive down to the clinic and talk to the reps to see what they want. Geeezzzz....and all my experiences with the VA have been good so far.....chris3

Update....

I was wrong. My claim for re-evaluation is not expired. I misunderstood what the letter was saying. The VA wanted all information to them by Nov so they could review me after that date. I spoke with the VA rep today and he explained it to me. He said most re-evaluations take about 18 months. Mine has been running about 14 months. He said I should hear something after the first of the year....chris3

Saw your post.. Good to know. I have been waiting on my claim for a while. Seems it gets more complicated every year. Glad it got straightened out for you!! Saw the post, just wanted to step in and say your not alone. Shout out if you need!! Best of luck.

Todd

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    I'm having fun with the reopening of my claim after a disc herniated. They keep requesting more info, I send it, and then they request for more info. Don't get it. It's been 14 months now since I started it.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

SAVE the trees

SENT MY STUFF IN 3 TIMES CERTIFIED MAIL. SAME PERSON SIGNS FOR IT EVERY TIME... YOU WOULD THINK BY NOW HE WOULD JUST SEND ME A TEXT AND SAY, "HEY, GOT YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS AGAIN, YOU KNOW, THE SAME ONES YOU SENT IN THE LAST 2 TIMES!!"...LOL. IRRITATING AS HELL...I FEEL FOR YA.

I went to the VA...

agent orange clinic today. I am scheduled to be examined on Dec 27th. After reading the agent orange site again, all you have to do is prove you were near a contaminated site and you are in. My work area was the bomb dump which was adjacent to the base perimiter on two sides. I will see.....chris3

Any progress?

I received my re-evaluation...

of my disability today. They increased my disability from 10 percent to 20 percent. Any little bit helps. The increase will be from Oct 2010 so I will get back pay. As far as my agent orange exposure goes, I have a postrate exam in a couple weeks. They want a sample. I also have a nerve testing to see what is causing my numbness in my fingers and toes. The VA rep said I would probably get 10 percent for my high blood pressure. We will see.....chris3

I got my re-evaluation yesterday for my back. It went from 10 percent to 20 as well. Backdated to Oct 2010 also. Wierd. I'm at a total of 40 percent now. I get full healthcare from the VA, including having one of their doctors as my primary. Since I have a civilian insurance from work, they bill that insurance, but even if I didn't they would still give me the same service free of charge.
    Last edited by btcave; 03-09-2012 at 06:32 PM.

I have had alot of service...

from the VA hospital and they take whatever the med insurance pays. I have never been billed for anything. I am in the Texas Vet program where they pay for a primary care VA doc so regular visits don't cost me anything. I have been with this doc for about 10 years and he really makes me toe the line as far as visits to him. No complaints here. What is nice, the increase in disability pays my taxes on my north camp....chris3