Thread: Another Shooting at Virginia Tech!!

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Unhappy Another Shooting at Virginia Tech!!

Just now heard it on the radio.

Good Grief.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

So did I but it was just uncofirmed reports of "shots fired". Least that's what I heard about 30 minutes ago.

Nope, they are now saying a cop was shot.

http://www.wdbj7.com/

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-repo...,7258349.story

Rather than a campus shooting I wonder if there was a car stop or something that went south as so far just the cop was shot? VT is not a closed campus.

Possible "second victim"?

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2011/dec/0...us-ar-1530165/
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 12-08-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Good thing their "Gun-Free Zone" policy is still in place. Wouldn't want something to happen...

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Looks like a traffic stop that went sideways. The office was killed and a second person was found dead in the direction the suspect ran after shooting the officer. Possible witness to the cop being shot so he/she was killed too?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/08...est=latestnews
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Queue the cries for gun control in 3...2...1...
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stinker View Post
    Queue the cries for gun control in 3...2...1...
    That's what I was thinking. Let's see, a major Presidential election coming up and another high-profile shooting takes place where alot of publicity is guaranteed to follow.

No way these two isolated events could be related. Nope. Has to be a coincidence. No political group would ever orchestrate something like this. Just a random act; that's all.

Question

Boy this is a weird one. Just listed to a local news conference with all the local authorities and from what they said:

VT Campus police officer make a traffic stop
    While in his cruiser a white male walks up (wasn't in the car) and kills him
    White male runs off
    Police get a call about a suspicious person in a parking lot
    Police arrive and find a while male dead of a gunshot wound and an unidentified handgun nearby.

They are not yet saying if the dead white male is the suspect but unless the car the officer stopped had just dropped this guy off where the hell did he come from and why kill the officer and then run off and commit suicide?

There has been no mention of the person or persons in the vehicle that was stopped and nothing about the officer using his firearm. Is this a case of a nut with a gun and a cop just being in the wrong place at the right time? Someone out to get the cop and maybe tailing him looking for an opportunity and when one presented itself he took it? Weird and tragic.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Shooter turned out to be a 22 year old student from nearby Radford College. He carjacked someone in Radford the night before and ditched the car at Virginia Tech. Apparently his killing of the VT Police Officer was 100% random.

My gut says the shooter was a wack job with a history of mental problems that went untreated or actions that went unreported like Cho at VT. Regardless of where he got his handgun we'll probably be getting more cries of "close the gunshow loophole" by next week.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/09...est=latestnews
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Good thing their "Gun-Free Zone" policy is still in place. Wouldn't want something to happen...

Holy Crap. A post by LAGC that is sarcastic about gun control ..... well I mean that I actually found a post by LAGC that I 100% agree with... the world truly IS ending

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Shooter turned out to be a 22 year old student from nearby Radford College. He carjacked someone in Radford the night before and ditched the car at Virginia Tech. Apparently his killing of the VT Police Officer was 100% random.

My gut says the shooter was a wack job with a history of mental problems that went untreated or actions that went unreported like Cho at VT. Regardless of where he got his handgun we'll probably be getting more cries of "close the gunshow loophole" by next week.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/09...est=latestnews
    If that is the case I wouldn't be surprised if they use this to push that anyone who has ever been prescribed anti-depression or anxiety medication is mentally unstable.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JVD View Post
    If that is the case I wouldn't be surprised if they use this to push that anyone who has ever been prescribed anti-depression or anxiety medication is mentally unstable.
    They're not?

Seriously, why so many people getting anti-depressant drugs?

I'm ADD and have had depressed periods from time to time all of my life. I would never dream of using an anti-depressant.

Beer yes, prednizal or whatever, no.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~