Thread: Shameless plug..my 1941 johnson rifle up for auction

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Shameless plug..my 1941 johnson rifle up for auction

http://www.gunrunnerauctions.com/lis...num=1007581569

Hope this isn't against the rules.

Thumbs up

Good luck man.

Do you remember when I posted about the one that was sold by a friends father.....for $150.....
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nice, though it has been sporterized. They are such distinctive looking rifles with the pregnant guppy belly on them. Did you ever think of restocking it with a military grade stock? Restore it in other words?

Oh man. I got into guns at the wrong time! Shoulda been buying them when I was a young man!
    I hate to sell this puppy even though it's a sporterized version but I have bigger toys to pay for.

Yeah I considered it never got around to it, it's was less than a $1000 to remilitarize it when I checked into it. Thanks guys.

Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 12-10-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I see, military vehicle restoration. Nice!

Actually in good shape except for a few things. Drove it home from Camp Ripley(didn't see any aliens though) about 70 miles from my home. Broke it in my backyard and those pics are in the middle of replacing all six torque rods. One came off the rubber bushing letting the middle axle flop around, crushing the brake line. So I decided to just replace them all. It was not fun. Hell just the tools ect I needed to upgrade to were almost a grand. The torque rods you can't get at the neighborhood auto parts store were $700 for all 6.

Aside from a bad left turn signal housing and the torque rods I prematurely replaced and a couple air leaks from the tires(one from a grommet and the other from the oring) this thing is pretty cherry. About 5,000 miles on it and 300 hours on the cat 3116.

Original price $56,000+ for the upgrade from the A2 for us the taxpayers
    My price $4900+ GL fee of 10%
    Driving fun? Priceless.

Ohh yeah the roof is rusty someone apparently dropped a MG? maybe on it denting it, causing a collection of water and the resulting rust, this spring, sanding and repainting the roof.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 12-11-2011 at 01:30 AM.