Thread: Guns and Santa

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Guns and Santa

Went to the scottsdale gun club and had this taken today:

My daughter is having this photo made into a christmas card and sent to all of our relatives...the Boston crowd is going to have a shit fit.

There were a few foreign news agencies there to cover the event, she and a couple other folks with kids were interviewed by a japanese reporter, sure would like to see how that plays out.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I bet a lot of those Japanese would have loved to have gotten their picture taken just to be close to and handle some of those guns.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

They had about 12 different long guns you could be photographed with, i asked if i could be in the pic behind that Dillon Aero, but no go. There were probably 500 people who showed up, we waited in line for over 3 hours, my grandaughter was probably the youngest and one of only a few girls...she was the star of the show

Odd. I wonder why they wouldn't let you stand by or handle the Dillion.

BISHOP

My BIL likes to make custom Christmas cards every year. Two years ago, one of the pictures on his card was one of him holding a full auto Uzi and M/11.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    I bet a lot of those Japanese would have loved to have gotten their picture taken just to be close to and handle some of those guns.
    A few years back, I sold a couple of FN FAL's to the Japanese at the big Tulsa gun show. Eventual owners must have been big rich as they sent two guys - Japanese - to make the purchase. (Papers were all in ordnung.) The guns actually went to their shooting club in Okinawa. Not legal in the main islands.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post

BISHOP
    I'm not sure, maybe because they were part of the scene. We weren't sure if they would let my daughter wear her sidearm, they did ask if they could clear it cause they weren't allowing any loaded guns in the room.

Of the 200+ people we saw in line, she was the only one open carrying, i thought there would be several. Most of the folks there didn't really seem like "gun people", most were unsure how to hold the rifles they had.
    Last edited by davepool; 12-11-2011 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post

BISHOP
    Maybe it is an original GE transferable.....
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Well some of you have some pretty cool families... cherish the moments you have with those who don't go herp derp over guns. Those that think the guns are cool or badass, or whatever in their minds as long as it isn't anti, bring that seed to fruition.