Thread: Election 2012 by the numbers

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

Election 2012 by the numbers

By Joseph Curl

The Washington Times

Sunday, December 11, 2011

ANALYSIS/OPINION:
    Just how big a hill do the Republicans have to climb to win the White House in 2012? Consider this: In 2008, Barack Obama beat John McCain in the electoral vote by a tally of 365-173. So, if, on Election Day next year, Mr. Obama loses Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Virginia, Colorado, Indiana and New Mexico - a whopping 95 electoral votes from states he carried in 2008 - he would still win.

Just barely, with a right-on-the-button 270, but he’d win.

That’s how big a hill.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...umbers-take-2/
    Then there is the dissident's vote who thinks neither party should win because both are responsible for the state of affairs we find ourselves in. Tax and spend, promise government cuts then add Czars and departments all costing the tax payers money and they accomplish what?

A pox on both of their houses. Time for some independents in the congress and in the White House. Get both major parties under 45% and they will have to start paying attention and make some serious reforms. Oh oh that dirty word, real live genuine meaningful REFORM. I looks in my crystal ball and see members of the House, the Senate and certain high ranking government agencies taking retirement to countries where they can't be extradited from.

See what happens when I wake up at dark thirty in the morning with leg cramps, I do get grumpy.
    Last edited by old Grump; 12-12-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

A pox on both....houses.
    Yup,,,,both small and large.

Wart