Thread: Newt going negative by attacking capitalism?

Newt going negative by attacking capitalism?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...mney-bachmann/

Seems odd for a conservative to attack a guy for being a successful businessman.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post

Seems odd for a conservative to attack a guy for being a successful businessman.
    Newt may be a treacherous piece of schitt but the Newt is no conservative.

Wart

Is Newt attacking capitalism, or is he calling Mitt a hipocryte?

Quote Originally Posted by AK-J View Post
    Is Newt attacking capitalism, or is he calling Mitt a hipocryte?
    Was Romney calling Newt a liar or is Newt a liar

(Both are true)

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Isn't it wonderful that the Republican party is doing everything they can once again to get a democrat re-elected (in this instance).

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Isn't it wonderful that the Republican party is doing everything they can once again to get a democrat re-elected (in this instance).
    Newt is demonstrating his I.Q. with that of a couple of Daikon radishes.
    Radishes will win.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

I think it shows the true Newt, the one that is willing to throw any principle aside for political expediency. Newt has done this over and over again through out his career. He's simply not governed by any core philosophy he will stick by, for him it's pretty much what needs done for the moment and it really doesn't matter what gets thrown aside.

If you can't trust him what good is he?

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

If you can't trust him what good is he?
    Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Oh yeah that's it, he's not Mitt, maybe not any better then Mitt but he's not him...

Oh yeah that's it, he's not Mitt, maybe not any better then Mitt but he's not him...

Well it would appear that's more than enough for a lot of Repub voters.

"Trust"???

Do you really "trust" any of these clowns???
    Last edited by weevil; 12-12-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Trust in this instance means I can tell how they will come down on any issue with some regularity. Ron Paul whether you love him or hate him you can pretty much guess where he'll come down on some core issues, actually Santorium isn't too bad nor is Huntsman in this regard. Newt or Romney I'm not sure I could say how they would come down on any specific issue since historically they either change their stances so many times or they simply lie about it.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Actually in the last "debate" Rick Santorum actually sounded pretty good. Although I don't know much about him, the fact that the news media was and is ignoring him could mean he is someone to look into.

Trust in this instance means I can tell how they will come down on any issue with some regularity. Ron Paul whether you love him or hate him you can pretty much guess where he'll come down on some core issues, actually Santorium isn't too bad nor is Huntsman in this regard. Newt or Romney I'm not sure I could say how they would come down on any specific issue since historically they either change their stances so many times or they simply lie about it.

Yeah I would tend to agree about Ron Paul.

Of the whole sorry lot he is about the only one I would even think about trusting, but he's an anomaly in politics.

Unfortunately this is why he's doomed to fail in this arena. Honesty is a liability.

Obama didn't get to be prez because he's an honest man who can be trusted.

Like it or not to win at politics especially the presidency you have got to be able to play hardball and do and say whatever it takes to win.

No I don't trust Newt or even like him much either, in fact I've always considered him a bit of a scoundrel.

But the real question isn't whether he's a real sweetheart that I want my daughter to marry or my son to be just like, the question is can he beat Obama and the Dems in the low down and dirty arena of presidential politics.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

buncha garbage..

i should run.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Actually in the last "debate" Rick Santorum actually sounded pretty good. Although I don't know much about him, the fact that the news media was and is ignoring him could mean he is someone to look into.
    Well Santorum and Newt are the only 2 at the Trump debate. Watch it and he should have 50% of the speaking time, it should be a good venue to learn something about him from how he answers the questions.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Santorum is someone I've been interested in since he started running. Was kind of hoping that with Perry peaking, Cain leaving, Romeny falling and Newt looking to self destruct that Santorum might get a surge and more time in front of the camera. The debate with Trump might help him out.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Santorum is someone I've been interested in since he started running. Was kind of hoping that with Perry peaking, Cain leaving, Romeny falling and Newt looking to self destruct that Santorum might get a surge and more time in front of the camera. The debate with Trump might help him out.
    From what I have seen I like Santorum much better than Mitt or Newt. Sounds like the Trump debates could be a good opportunity for him to get in the lime light.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Well it would appear that's more than enough for a lot of Repub voters.

"Trust"???

Do you really "trust" any of these clowns???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wart

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Well Santorum and Newt are the only 2 at the Trump debate. Watch it and he should have 50% of the speaking time, it should be a good venue to learn something about him from how he answers the questions.
    That's been cancelled because no other candidates were interested.
    They all figured out a trump moderated debate would be about promoting trump and not them.
    But trump was sure to mention that he may still enter the race and set everyone straight.

So..what's next in the kabuki theater...
    If Bachman starts to pick up steam again it'll look something like this.

History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.