Thread: Inducted Toys: Alphabetical List

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

Inducted Toys: Alphabetical List

To date, the following 49 toys have made it into the National Toy Hall of Fame®. Select a toy from this list to reveal its history or learn more by browsing the online National Toy Hall of Fame collection.
    Alphabet Blocks
    Inducted 2003

Atari 2600 Game System
    Inducted 2007

Baby Doll
    Inducted 2008

Ball
    Inducted 2009

Barbie
    Inducted 1998

Bicycle
    Inducted 2000

etc.
    http://www.toyhalloffame.org/toys
    Ball didn't make the list till 2009????

I was happy to see some of my favorite toys made the list:
    stick
    cardboard box
    marbles

What are your favorite toys that should be included in the hall of fame? High tech is okay but brownie points for low tech.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    New from Dearborn, Michigan in time for Christmas.
    The latest toy has hit the shops... a talking Muslim doll.
    Nobody knows what the fuck it says,
    because no one has the guts to pull the cord.

Tops
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...XWDxITIidDouC1
    Last edited by N/A; 12-13-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    New from Dearborn, Michigan in time for Christmas.
    The latest toy has hit the shops... a talking Muslim doll.
    Nobody knows what the fuck it says,
    because no one has the guts to pull the cord.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!

Wart

Sling shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    Sling shot.
    Good one, first run across that little toy 60 years ago and I'm still trying to learn how to use it. You would think a man with 5 of them would have figured it out by now.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    "The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

They forgot LOG!
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    They forgot LOG!
    Lincoln logs were inducted in 1999, click the link for a more complete list.

THUCYDIDES.

Where are the toy soldiers, not GI Joe. I did Lincoln Logs and toy soldiers at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by shorthair View Post
    Where are the toy soldiers, not GI Joe. I did Lincoln Logs and toy soldiers at the same time.
    I can't belive they have G.I. Joe, but they don't have Toy Soldiers. Green army men, Cowboys and Indians, and let's not forget the metal Gens D'armes that our forefathers played with.

They have some really nice ones available now too! Highly detailed figurines you can find at hobby shops from every military era you can think of. I used to collect the medival knights and Saracens back before I discovered girls.

Quote Originally Posted by shorthair View Post
    Do you mean the little molded ones about 2 inches high? Usually O.D. Plastic or, in Old Grump's case, made of pot metal?
    Good choice.
    CHOOT UM!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
    Do you mean the little molded ones about 2 inches high? Usually O.D. Plastic or, in Old Grump's case, made of pot metal?
    Good choice.
    Some were pot metal, most we poured ourselves from lead and painted. One of my Bohunk cousins had several hundred of them and took up a lot of our time when we should have been outside playing. The living room was not a safe place for grown ups to walk when we had deployed the armies.

One of my favorite all time favorite play things was a rope on our huge old Elm tree. We would lay out a fleet of boards...er I mean destroyers, battle ships and carriers on the ground then we would swing over the fleet dropping mud ball bombs. Rocks were okay but the little balls of clay mud, sun hardened, exploded nicely when they made a direct hit on the wood surface of the enemy fleet. Just could not beat a simple rope for good outdoor fun.

THUCYDIDES.