Thread: Ron Paul Closes Gap in Iowa, Only Down 1% from Newt in Latest PPP Poll

Thumbs up Ron Paul Closes Gap in Iowa, Only Down 1% from Newt in Latest PPP Poll

Raleigh, N.C. – There has been some major movement in the Republican Presidential race in Iowa over the last week, with what was a 9 point lead for Newt Gingrich now all the way down to a single point. Gingrich is at 22% to 21% for Paul with Mitt Romney at 16%, Michele Bachmann at 11%, Rick Perry at 9%, Rick Santorum at 8%, Jon Huntsman at 5%, and Gary Johnson at 1%.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...mary-1588.html

HOLY SHIT! The neo-conservatives' heads are exploding! I was just listening to Mark Levin on his hate-talk radio show tonight and he's SCARED SHITLESS of Ron Paul possibly stealing the nomination away from Newt.

Looks like there may be a new front-runner, with only a few weeks to go till the first caucus...

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    HOLY SHIT! The neo-conservatives' heads are exploding! I was just listening to Mark Levin on his hate-talk radio show tonight and he's SCARED SHITLESS of Ron Paul possibly stealing the nomination away from Newt.
    This is true. I listened to it as well and i think there is even video of Levin while he was broadcasting.

History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

I've wanted to cast a vote for Paul for years! He's the only one up there with a shred of integrity or reason. And that's kind of sad because the guy is a bit of a wing nut. But he's OUR wingnut! And I'd rather have a wingnut for us than against us. We already have a couple hundred of the "against us" variety in office. They do not deserve to be called his peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    I've wanted to cast a vote for Paul for years! He's the only one up there with a shred of integrity or reason. And that's kind of sad because the guy is a bit of a wing nut. But he's OUR wingnut! And I'd rather have a wingnut for us than against us. We already have a couple hundred of the "against us" variety in office. They do not deserve to be called his peers.
    I'm not a big fan of his economic policies, but I believe he's serious about gutting military spending by ending the wars and closing most of the useless bases we have around the world, stopping all foreign aid (even to Israel), defunding the DEA and ATF. He has my vote.

I really believe he's serious about cutting the Federal budget by $1 Trillion during in his first year in office, and he has a plan to do it by executive order, even without a compliant Congress. That would at least get us back into the black, running budget surpluses again, and start paying down the national debt which we should have never stopped doing 10 years ago, when Bush ramped up Federal spending in the name of "national security."
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I'm not a big fan of his economic policies, but I believe he's serious about gutting military spending by ending the wars and closing most of the useless bases we have around the world, stopping all foreign aid (even to Israel), defunding the DEA and ATF. He has my vote.

I really believe he's serious about cutting the Federal budget by $1 Trillion during in his first year in office, and he has a plan to do it by executive order, even without a compliant Congress. That would at least get us back into the black, running budget surpluses again, and start paying down the national debt which we should have never stopped doing 10 years ago, when Bush ramped up Federal spending in the name of "national security."

Wow, I'm in shock that you would even hint at supporting the likes of RP!

Funny how you so easily make it GWB's fault yet obama gets a pass. Your colors run true!
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...mary-1588.html

Looks like there may be a new front-runner, with only a few weeks to go till the first caucus...

I hope you're right LAGC. Because I cannot see myself voting for Newt OR Romney over Obama.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    The neocons really are flipping out over this. They're dragging that Lords punk out again and Hannity is now on record saying he will not support RP. Gonna be interestingly predictable to listen to Levin next.

Edit: Levin is actually defending "establishment" republicans as really not that bad....how pathetic.
    Last edited by stinker; 12-14-2011 at 07:13 PM.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.