Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All I can say is WOW. My Johnson is worth more than your Johnson!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I agree with mriddick. I wouldn't sell my Johnson for any price. Wow. Hope you get along OK without it...

~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    On that govt. liquidators, I saw a $70,000 truck with a bid of $150 bucks on it...

Just out of curiosity, when the bidding ends... how much do these trucks generally go for?
    Mine's a 1998, 5000 miles and 300 hours, I got mine for $4900+ 10% GL fee. I didn't get a chance to preview it so I picked one that had a video attached showing it running and driving. There were several others that went in the mid to high 3K range at the same place(Camp Ripley,MN. I had to add a gallon of antifreeze, pump up one flat with the ctis and drove it home. The A3 Dueces seem to generally go for the 4K-5K range(unless they have a winch about 1K-2K higher), A2's a grand or two less. 5 Tons actually went cheaper than the dueces at the same place I got mine, but they seem to be rising in price lately as are the A3's. An auction in Michigan just completed recently and all the dueces were unknown running condition, all had some flat tires(most are just oring or grommet leaks that the CTIS will pump up but the tires get sidewall cracks from sitting for a while, not good to have a blow out on a front tire especially). They all went in the 4-5K range, so i feel I was pretty fortunate to get a known runner with no major issues until I broke it for a little more than an unknown would be. I highly recommend previewing any vehicles you might be interested in. www.Steelsoldiers.com is the site to learn everything you should when considering bidding on one.
    The duece I got was 56K "new". Am general took two A2 models, took the best parts of the two, upgraded the front body to place a new Cat and Allison trans, put the CTIS system in, different rims and super single tires ect. I can only guess what the original two A2's cost the gov't!!!! Am General seems to have made out pretty in those dealings!
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 12-18-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    I agree with mriddick. I wouldn't sell my Johnson for any price. Wow. Hope you get along OK without it...

LOL Believe me I regret it already, but I don't like debt and besides this frees up the credit card for another duece purchase or maybe a 5ton even Yeah i know contradicting myself....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12