Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The United States officially ends its military campaign in Iraq with no clear victory

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    Correct. Adolph Hitler (Germany) declared war on the United States of America.

Wart
    He was required to because Germany and Japan were allies. The fact that Hitler HONORED the agreement, however, is quite amazing. And tactically, quite a big mistake (for him).
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Now that the 'war is over'. President Zero can get to the business of thrashing the 2nd Amendment while pointing to 'All the guns traced back to the US'.

I find 0re0-Ba-Mao's posturing as if he won the war disgusting. He is lower than the dog crap on the bottom of my boots.

I wasn't sold on the war but as a career Soldier I went as 'requested' to Afghanistan, Iraq and Haiti. It tears my soul that so many fellow servicemen and women were lost and those who were crippled or maimed.

Was Afghanistan or Iraq 'worth it'? I may never know inside my own self, but I do know when I see that POS president posing as a victorious leader after all the crap he threw as a US Senator, I just want to puke.
    Hell-bent, 100%, Texan til' I die...
    "Is not safe... Is GUN" -anonymous Russian Soldier

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Sort of odd yesterday hearing the President talk about the surge winning the war when he was not only agaisnt it but ran as President as being against it. The only reason he's able to pull out today with any chance of looking like the job is finished is because of a plan he never supported till it gave him the "victory".

The really sad thing in all this is somehow I bet LAGC is more worried about loss of the money that could of went to his kind so they might not have to work. I really don't think he has an opinion on anything not driven by "whats in it for me"...
    Him and his vice dopey lamenting how our troops terrorize women and children in the middle of the night, and bomb innocent villagers....I remember, It's amazing how he can fake respect. Then again he's a fake illegitimate president.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Soldado View Post
    Now that the 'war is over'. President Zero can get to the business of thrashing the 2nd Amendment while pointing to 'All the guns traced back to the US'.

I find 0re0-Ba-Mao's posturing as if he won the war disgusting. He is lower than the dog crap on the bottom of my boots.

I wasn't sold on the war but as a career Soldier I went as 'requested' to Afghanistan, Iraq and Haiti. It tears my soul that so many fellow servicemen and women were lost and those who were crippled or maimed.

Was Afghanistan or Iraq 'worth it'? I may never know inside my own self, but I do know when I see that POS president posing as a victorious leader after all the crap he threw as a US Senator, I just want to puke.
    ROLLLLL TIDE !!

Wart

And thank you for your service to our country.

Correct. Adolph Hitler (Germany) declared war on the United States of America.

Wart
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    He was required to because Germany and Japan were allies. The fact that Hitler HONORED the agreement, however, is quite amazing. And tactically, quite a big mistake (for him).
    The Tripartite Pact, an agreement between Germany, Japan and Italy, did not call for Germany to declare war. (Strange huh..)

Here is Japan requesting Germany declare war:

To: Tokyo

December 8, 1941

Purple (Priority)

#1437 Limited distribution

Re my #143(9?).[a]

At 1:00 p. m. today (8th) I called on Foreign Minister Ribbentrop and told him our wish was to have Germany and Italy issue formal declarations of war on America at once. Ribbentrop replied that Hitler was then in the midst of a conference at general headquarters discussing how the formalities of declaring war could be carried out so as to make a good impression on the German people, and that he would transmit your wish to him at once and do whatever he was able to have it carried out promptly. At that time Ribbentrop told me that on the morning of the 8th Hitler issued orders to the entire German navy to attack American ships whenever and wherever they may meet them.

It goes without saying that this is only for your secret information.

Army 25978 Trans. 12/9/41

[a] Not available.

(EXHIBITS OF JOINT COMMITTEE , EXHIBIT NO. 1 INTERCEPTED DIPLOMATIC MESSAGES SENT BY THE JAPANESE GOVERNMENT BETWEEN JULY l AND DECEMBER 8, 1941)

Here is Germany's declaration of war delivered in Washington at 8:00AM but not received by the US State Department until 9:30AM 11 December 1941. (State kept the Germans waiting one and one-half hours.)

The original war declaration was delivered to the US Chargé d'Affaires in Berlin.

MR. MR. CHARGÉ D'AFFAIRES:

The Government of the United States having violated in the most flagrant manner and in ever increasing measure all rules of neutrality in favor of the adversaries of Germany and having continually been guilty of the most severe provocations toward Germany ever since the outbreak of the European war, provoked by the British declaration of war against Germany on September 3, 1939, has finally resorted to open military acts of aggression.

On September 11, 1941, the President of the United States publicly declared that he had ordered the American Navy and Air Force to shoot on sight at any German war vessel. In his speech of October 27, 1941, he once more expressly affirmed that this order was in force. Acting under this order, vessels of the American Navy, since early September 1941, have systematically attacked German naval forces. Thus, American destroyers, as for instance the Greer, the Kearney and the Reuben James, have opened fire on German sub-marines according to plan. The Secretary of the American Navy, Mr. Knox, himself confirmed that-American destroyers attacked German submarines.

Furthermore, the naval forces of the United States, under order of their Government and contrary to international law have treated and seized German merchant vessels on the high seas as enemy ships.

The German Government therefore establishes the following facts:

Although Germany on her part has strictly adhered to the rules of international law in her relations with the United States during every period of the present war, the Government of the United States from initial violations of neutrality has finally proceeded to open acts of war against Germany. The Government of the United States has thereby virtually created a state of war.

The German Government, consequently, discontinues diplomatic relations with the United States of America and declares that under these circumstances brought about by President Roosevelt Germany too, as from today, considers herself as being in a state of war with the United States of America.

Accept, Mr. Chargé d'Affaires, the expression of my high consideration.

December 11, 1941.

RIBBENTROP. :

PRESIDENT ROOSEVELT'S MESSAGE TO CONGRESS

{Requesting recognition of a State of War existing between the United States and Germany and the United States and Italy, December 11, 1941)

On the morning of 11 December, the Government of Germany, pursuing its course of world conquest, declared war against the United States.

The long-known and the long-expected has thus taken place. The forces endeavoring to enslave the entire world now are moving toward this hemisphere.

Never before has there been a greater challenge to life, liberty, and civilization.

Delay invites greater danger. Rapid and united effort by all of the peoples of the world who are determined to remain free will ensure a world victory of the forces of justice and of righteousness over the forces of savagery and of barbarism.

Italy also has declared war against the United States.

I therefore request the Congress to recognize a state of war between the United States and Germany, and between the United States and Italy.

Wart

And finally the US declares war on Germany.

Wart

Joint Resolution Declaring That a State of War Exists Between The Government of Germany and the Government and the People of the United States and Making Provision To Prosecute The Same, 11 December 1941

Whereas the Government of Germany has formally declared war against the Government and the people of the United States of America:

Therefore be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the state of war between the United States and the Government of Germany which has thus been thrust upon the United States is hereby formally declared; and the President is hereby authorized and directed to employ the entire naval and military forces of the United States and the resources of the Government to carry on war against the Government of Germany; and, to bring the conflict to a successful termination, all of the resources of the country are hereby pledged by the Congress of the United States.

Approved, December 11, 1941, 3:05 p.m., E. S. T.

And finally the US declares war on Germany.

Wart
    ...and I believe that was the last time America ever legally declared war on anyone....
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    ...and I believe that was the last time America ever legally declared war on anyone....
    Yup.

Was interesting going back to that time. Roosevelt maneuvered Hitler into declaring war.

To the best of my knowledge 7 December 1941 was the only time the US Sub Fleet was ever ordered to wage "unrestricted submarine warfare".

Following the attack, the American submarine fleet received at 4:00pm on the afternoon of 7 December 1941 orders issued by Admiral Harold Stark, the Chief of Naval Operations, for all available boats to immediately put to sea and for those already underway to conduct "unrestricted submarine warfare" against anything Japanese.

The primary task of of the United States fleet was to attack heavy ships (defined as a battleship, aircraft carrier, cruiser etc). It is important to note the gravity of this very powerful decree. The United States, by calling for unrestricted submarine warfare, officially renounced article 22 of the London Naval Treaty of 1930 which formally spelled out the guidelines and procedures that a submarine was required to follow when attacking an enemy non combatant vessel.
    I just want to mention the US Submarine Service was undoubtedly the most UNDER-DECORATED of any US service mostly due to concerns over secrecy.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not Gerald Ford (R) who was president when Saigon fell in 1975?
    Kennedy got the ball rolling, now what douche ?

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Kennedy got the ball rolling, now what douche ?
    No, it was Eisenhower.

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    No, it was Eisenhower.
    Actually it was WWI.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Actually it was WWI.
    Well, I think the thought was when did America first get involved in Viet Nam to eventually get us into the "Viet Nam War". I think it was President Eisenhower after the French were defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Well, I think the thought was when did America first get involved in Viet Nam to eventually get us into the "Viet Nam War". I think it was President Eisenhower after the French were defeated.

(Eisenhower was president from January 1953 - January 1961.)
    The French were defeated at Dien Bien Phu in 1954 and the last French soldier departed Vietnam in 1956.
    Maybe as early as 1953 Eisenhower was sending US advisers along with supplies for the French.
    In 1955 the first direct aid from the US was sent to South Vietnam.
    July 8, 1959 - Two U.S. military advisers, Maj. Dale Buis and Sgt. Chester Ovnand, are killed by Viet Minh guerrillas at Bien Hoa, South Vietnam......our first casualties.

Wart

Hard to find the good guys in Vietnam. In the North, the Communists had executed or worked to death the land owners while in the South the Catholic minority had stolen the Buddhists land and killed many.

I am happy that the war in Iraq is over, but the conditions aren't great. Our military killed a lot more of those motherfuckers than they did to us, so that can be considered a win. I lost 3 friends in Iraq, 2 Marines and 1 soldier. And 2 Marine friends in A-stan. Our military has learned a great deal of knowledge in these wars, and they'll take it home with them. What I fear is after we leave the country goes right down the shit hole and we wind up helping again. But I am happy that our brothers and sisters who served there can now come home and get some rest from war.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12