Thread: What Kind Of Christmas Tree Do You Have?

What Kind Of Christmas Tree Do You Have?

After seeing the, "Cartridge in a bare tree" thread, I thought I'd ask.

I have a Pinion Pine, harvested by yours truly from up in Caliente, Nevada. It isn't a very full tree, but it has lots of character and we found it and legally harvested it!
    Thought it was a neat idea to have a native tree for a change, and the experience for the girls was well worth it! Pics to follow, just too damn early right now!
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Plastic...........

and...........the lights are already installed.............................I just have to decorate it with the complete collection of Hallmark airplanes I have.................chris3

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Noble Fir.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Synthetic.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

I'll let you guess...

The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

None, I don't celebrate Christmas to that degree.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Synthetic. No need to kill a tree just because it's Christmas.

Bought a black one this year. It came with white lights already installed and I decorated it with white garland, white snowflakes, and white and silver balls. When the lights are turned on, the tree looks dark green. Wasn't sure I would like it, but it's pretty neat.

None. I'm not here for Christmas, and I'm single, so whats the point.

none.

all by myself and I dont trust the dogs and cat around anything that isn't bolted down.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Synthetic. No need to kill a tree just because it's Christmas.

And what does it take to make a synthetic tree? The whole point is in the memory of going and getting our own tree.

Quote Originally Posted by JVD View Post
    None. I'm not here for Christmas, and I'm single, so whats the point.
    I guess I can ask the same on why you responded to a thread you have no involvement or interest in!
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

I have a plastic tree set up, we used to have real trees and re-planted them in out yard after Christmas, but got tired of that.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Not sure, it's the tree that was in my neighbors yard....he shouldn't have gone on vacation

Seriously though, it's a douglas fir. First real tree we've put up in 8 years, my grandaughter is 3 this christmas and we wanted her have the joy of decorating the tree. She's really into it this year, Santa is her hero.

We got a live tree 25 years ago and planted it in our front yard, the sucker grew to almost 45 feet. I didn't think it would survive more than a few years down here in the desert but it did. I had to cut it down 2 years ago after a bad wind storm almost blew it over onto my house. I live at the foot of a mountain so the roots never got a chance to go very deep, they sort of spread out about 2-3 feet under the surface

Quote Originally Posted by ATAK, Inc. View Post
    I guess I can ask the same on why you responded to a thread you have no involvement or interest in!
    Well I wouldn't say that. I'm not the only person without a tree who responded either. Why put one up if I'm going to be somewhere else is all I meant. I go up to my parents house for Christmas, and they have synthetic tree. Allergies are a PITA!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ATAK, Inc. View Post
    And what does it take to make a synthetic tree? The whole point is in the memory of going and getting our own tree.
    Three answers (you choose the one you like best):

1) (Environmental tree-hugger answer) Because synthetic trees aren't made by killing living organisms. They are made from plastic that is made from petroleum products that were made from microscopic marine organisms that lived and died millions of years ago. So, nothing alive, today, had to die to make my tree. Those organsims already lived a full life and died, naturally, just so they could make my Christmas a little merrier, millions of years later. In a way, making my tree was the epitome of their tiny, microscopic little lives. (It's kind of like them dying and going to micro-organism heaven. They lived happier lives hoping to be included in the manufacturing process that would become my tree. In a way, I am like a god to them. I'm sure if they were still alive today, they'd be really happy knowing this and their only wish would be that they could die twice just to make this tree even better.)

2) (Conservative, lazy American answer). It was on the sales floor and seemed a whole lot easier to buy it, put it together and decorate it than it would be to go out in the cold weather, hunt for a tree at a local tree sales lot, bring it home, trim it to make it the right height, put it in a tree holder and add water, decorate it, then, after all is said and done, have to untrim it, take it down, tote it to the county landfill, then go back home and vacuum up all the needles that dropped off. It's easier to just buy a synthetic tree, decorate it, undeocrate it, put it back in the box and store it until next year.

3) (Another answer) See number two above and add the fact that all the kids are out of the house and it's just something I wanted to do this year. I don't have anyone to please but myself, so I did.

Oh yeah, I remember going out and getting my own trees in the past. That's why I prefer a synthetic tree now.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Lightbulb

What kind of Christmas tree ... none. We took the money we might of spent on it and some presents for each other and instead bought presents for children stuck in a Rape Crisis Spouse Abuse safe house. We really don't need anything in particular and thought tree money was better spent on people that have nothing at this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    I'll let you guess...

I got it, I got it!!!! Green!! Nice digs, love the higher ceilings. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Ours is a Douglas Fir. My wife loves this time of year and the tree is very special. No joke, she will spend 12 hrs over 3-4 days decorating the tree and I swear on Dec 26th it only takes her 28 mins to make it all go away!!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..