Thread: Quick! Get pregnant before you lose medicaid!

Quick! Get pregnant before you lose medicaid!

Just thought I'd pass on this tale for your enjoyment.

A friend of my daughter, due to the loss of her father several years ago was eligible for some of his social security benefits as well as Medicaid until she turned 19.

Due to her mothers hard work, some small scholarships, and a little in student loans, and of course her own hard work, she is a sophomore at a good school and doing well.

About 6 months before she turned 19, she received a letter from the state notifying her that her medicaid benefits would cease when she turned 19, unless she was pregnant.

Her and her mother both thought this was a bit odd, but wrote it off as just an informative letter letting her know the reality of the situation.

A few weeks later she got another letter, saying the same thing.

A month after that she got another letter, again telling her she would lose her insurance at 19, unless she was pregnant. This letter also explained how to file for the benefits if she was pregnant.

Overall, until she turned 19 she received nearly a dozen letters all telling her that her insurance would cease unless she was pregnant, until the final letter came letting her know that her Medicaid was no longer valid shortly after her 19th birthday.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    The medicaid clerk was trying to score?????

It's the same for alot of gov't programs, in the poorer areas of some cities they literally beg people to stop in and check to see if they qualify for food stamps, diabetic care or other programs. Somehow I bet they bend or explain the rules in such a way that they can to insure that they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Quick! Get pregnant before you lose medicaid!
    I've been trying. No luck yet.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Switch to boxers
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    No matter how you take it no baby will ever develop in your belly...

I think part of the bigger picture (tin foil hat on) again might be part of the democraps plan to bankrupt the country... get pregnant, so that we can give you some free money. Get pregnant at 19, being such a young mother, you might not fare well in education and thus perpetuate another 19 year old to get pregnant that we can give more money to... and so on and so on, and we increasingly add to bankrupting our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    I think part of the bigger picture (tin foil hat on) again might be part of the democraps plan to bankrupt the country... get pregnant, so that we can give you some free money. Get pregnant at 19, being such a young mother, you might not fare well in education and thus perpetuate another 19 year old to get pregnant that we can give more money to... and so on and so on, and we increasingly add to bankrupting our country.
    I'm not sure it a tinfoil hat democrat ruin the country plan ...but it does seem kinda that way doesn't it. It's one thing to let the pregnant girl know "hey you're turning 19 we can foot the bill a bit longer because you are pregnant"

But to basically tell the 18 1/2 year old girl..
    "Only 6 months left to get pregnant"
    "Only 5 months left to get pregnant"
    "Only 4 months left to get pregnant"

That's fucked up

I think they simply look at it as job security for them and they don't really care if they suggest an idea that can really screw up another person's life.

Kadmos, can you get these letters? I think it would be very interesting to take the half dozen letters (minus the personal information of course) and send them to a news organization to highlight the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Kadmos, can you get these letters? I think it would be very interesting to take the half dozen letters (minus the personal information of course) and send them to a news organization to highlight the whole thing.
    I'll check with my daughter to see if her friend still has them, if so I *might* be able to get photocopies with the personal info blanked out. No promises though, I don't know her or her moms politics and don't want to press overly much considering the nature.

Just to be clear, I haven't seen the letters, this is the story my daughter gave me about her friend. My daughter isn't prone to making things up, but, well... this is 3rd hand info from teenage girls.

That's how it is in Michigan, at least in the larger cities like Detroit, Flint, Lansing, and Battle Creek where I'm at. A lot of people stay pregnant and have many kids for the welfare benefits, health care, and tax break. Its really sad. Its really prevalent with minorities. I've seen a lot of illegal aliens milking the system too. It looks like everyone but hard working Americans can get free stuff. That money should be put to better use. But Michigan is also trying to pass mandatory drug tests for welfare applicants. If that passes things may get interesting for many, because many of them are on something. I've seen and heard of people selling their food stamps for drug money. I wonder how bad crime would get if/when the stamps get cut off. Maybe more prostitution, break ins, and muggings or murder. A lot of these people don't have jobs, and don't want jobs. I say let em rot, if they aren't willing to work to feed their kids. And a lot of them are former criminals as is.