Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FoxNews reported and I’ve decided

Wart. You ARE an Obama supporter. Quit lying about it. It sure looks like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    You really have to be a dumb fuck to believe anyone who opposes Israel is a "Joo-hater".
    And you really have to be a dumb fuck to believe anyone who supports Israel is automatically unpatriotic toward their own country, or that anyone who bandies about the phrase "Israel Firster" (as you have on many occasions) is anything but a leftist mole.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    And you really have to be a dumb fuck to believe anyone who supports Israel is automatically unpatriotic toward their own country, or that anyone who bandies about the phrase "Israel Firster" (as you have on many occasions) is anything but a leftist mole.
    An Israel Firster is, by definition, a person who puts Israel's interest FIRST even before the interests of their own country. I don't believe that type person is patriotic.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Wart. You ARE an Obama supporter. Quit lying about it. It sure looks like it.
    Perhaps if you are out shopping, you can stop by the Clue Store and buy one.

Wart

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

You really have to be a dumb fuck to believe anyone who opposes Israel is a "Joo-hater".

Here is a basic primer for your dumb ass:

Israel is a COUNTRY.
    Jews are a PEOPLE
    Citizens of Israel are ISRAELIS.

Wart

Yeah, yeah call it what you want but at least now we know why you're so happy to have Obama in the White House.

An Israel Firster is, by definition, a person who puts Israel's interest FIRST even before the interests of their own country. I don't believe that type person is patriotic.

Wart
    Israel Firster is a term coined by the left to describe anyone who believes Israel should not be supported as an ally...a disparaging term meant to denigrate anyone who believes Israel provides a vital function in the world's containment of Islam, a derogatory term meant to imply anyone who supports Israel is, in any way, shape or form, unpatriotic to their own country.

The fact that you use it religiously is quite telling.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    In case you all forgot the purpose of this thread is to discuss the mainstream medias treatment of any candidate not on their 'A' list. This is not about Israel or Jews so lets get back on track shall we.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Do you think the answer is passing the fairness doctrine?

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    In case you all forgot the purpose of this thread is to discuss the mainstream medias treatment of any candidate not on their 'A' list. This is not about Israel or Jews so lets get back on track shall we.
    That's fine but your 'timing' leaves me unable to respond to the two ass wipes.

I try and argue without personal attacks but that shit does not work here.

Wart

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Do you think the answer is passing the fairness doctrine?
    TV changed the way we campaign with the Kennedy/Nixon debate and it has been a pretty face and money race ever since. The fairness doctrine was killed in 69 by the Supreme Court and a revised doctrine if rewritten and passed today wouldn't even have time for the ink to dry before attorneys were finding the loopholes and large media lobbyists would be getting exemptions for their clients particular enterprise. A voluntary return to journalistic standards of objectivity and fairness would be nice but it won't happen.

This country has a long history of yellow journalism and papers were virulently partisan even before we became a Republic. They are not in business to give us straight news or to dig for facts to educate us but to sell print space or air time. Publishers of these companies just want to avoid the pitfalls like getting caught rigging accidents like 60 minutes or stealing e-mails like Rupert Murdoch. First, last and always the bottom line is the black ink at the end of the day. You can't fix the news with a law. If anybody has a good idea how to fix this I am all for it.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    ...Israel provides a vital function in the world's containment of Islam...

Oh, that's a good one! The State of Israel's formation by U.N. mandate and subsequent treatment of the Palestinians has probably been the single biggest factor contributing to the rise and spread of militant fundamentalist Islam across the Middle East over the past 60 years. It's doubtful the Iranian revolution would have ever happened or al-Qaeda ever formed if it wasn't for Israel's treatment of its Muslim neighbors.

But keep telling yourself that Israel is a "force for peace" in the region, and that our billions and billions in foreign aid to Israel promotes our national security.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I try and argue without personal attacks but that shit does not work here.
    Looks to me like the first personal attack came in post #19.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Classic Gunsnet. Thread goes off the tracks and into a flaming hunk of crap.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

For someone who tries not to use personal attacks he sure was free with them in post #40.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

Oh, that's a good one! The State of Israel's formation by U.N. mandate and subsequent treatment of the Palestinians has probably been the single biggest factor contributing to the rise and spread of militant fundamentalist Islam across the Middle East over the past 60 years. It's doubtful the Iranian revolution would have ever happened or al-Qaeda ever formed if it wasn't for Israel's treatment of its Muslim neighbors.
    That is the leftist, revisionist history version, indeed. That it bears no relation to actual history, I know, is immaterial to the left.

But, given that probably 90+ percent of the anti-Semitism in the western world is fomented by the left, it doesn't surprise me that you follow their revisionism so closely.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 12-17-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    Classic Gunsnet. Thread goes off the tracks and into a flaming hunk of crap.
    And not one person caught my crack about old grump being a Perry supporter with his 21 to vote comment (Perry did the same in some interview).

Come on guys, try to stay on topic without the insults.

You guys are better than that, right??????
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    For someone who tries not to use personal attacks he sure was free with them in post #40.
    You I will begin to charge.

Wart

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Wink

And the original topic was what again???

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    And the original topic was what again???

Steve

Something about the hot babes at Fox news...I think.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast