Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
If employees were all paid what they were really worth to a company, there would be no room for profits.
Then what's the point of sacrificing 90 hour weeks and every penny you earn back into a business, turning into a wealth building, going concern? Why suffer all that if there should be no profit, no rainbow at the end, for all that hard work and sacrifice? Why not leave it to someone else to an altruistic masochist and just get a 9 to 5 job (ignoring for a moment that if everyone felt that way, there would be no 9 to 5 jobs)?

I'm not saying its necessarily a bad thing to profit off of other people's labors, but don't act all butt-hurt when the government taxes some of that exploited wealth back and redistributes it back to those who weren't as fortunate as yourself.
You really don't get it, do you? People like nitewatcher weren't handed such fortunate circumstances, they made them...built them out of hard work and sacrifice. I do understand that's a very difficult concept for such a limited brain as yours...but do try to wrap your mind around it...in it's simplest analogy: 2 + 2 = 4.

Business owners often act as if they live in a vacuum, that their wealth accumulation happens independent of all the infrastructure and laws (and cheap labor pool!) that make for such a business-friendly environment. Government protects their property, defends them from fires, builds and maintains roads, and maintains some semblance of law and order to make it all possible.

And all the government gets is a cold shoulder and resentment in return.
I see...so property, business & income taxes, FICA matching, unemployment insurance, business fees and licenses (local, state & federal)...all those are the cold shoulder government gets? None of those help pay for "defending them from fires, building and maintaining roads, and maintaining some semblance of law and order to make it all possible".