Thread: A VOTERS' GUIDE TO REPUBLICANS

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

A VOTERS' GUIDE TO REPUBLICANS

Cool

It really is amazing how much the political parties have switched major positions over the past 150 years. Today's Republican Party would be unrecognizable to Abe Lincoln, and vice versa with the Democrats of the time.

Back then, the same racist Dixiecrat South that opposed ending slavery and extending civil rights to African Americans, are the biggest solid Republican voting bloc today. All the Southern Democrats became Republicans and kept their racist ways. Despite a few token blacks, the Republican Party is still predominantly the party of rich white men.

And all the former New England Republicans became Democrats. Progressives used to identify with Republicans like Teddy Roosevelt. Today they are almost entirely Democrats. So it goes.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Rich white guys, is that code for big business? When I was growing up the D's were the party of the working guy, since then I feel they've moved on to become the party of the nonworking class and government workers (not that far from nonworkers). I'm not sure anyone is for the working guy anymore which leaves me to pick between people who will employ me if I work cheap enough or those who want half my stuff so they don't have to work... Considering those choices working isn't so bad even if it is for less every year (or so it seems).

It's tough being in the middle anymore

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Excellent presentation. Spot on and ucovers the lies lies lies that the dims throw out on a continual basis.

The slaves in this country need to wake up and see the shackles of dependency that have been forged by the dims.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    It really is amazing how much the political parties have switched major positions over the past 150 years. Today's Republican Party would be unrecognizable to Abe Lincoln, and vice versa with the Democrats of the time.

Back then, the same racist Dixiecrat South that opposed ending slavery and extending civil rights to African Americans, are the biggest solid Republican voting bloc today. All the Southern Democrats became Republicans and kept their racist ways. Despite a few token blacks, the Republican Party is still predominantly the party of rich white men.

And all the former New England Republicans became Democrats. Progressives used to identify with Republicans like Teddy Roosevelt. Today they are almost entirely Democrats. So it goes.
    "I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years."

-- Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One according Ronald Kessler's Book, "Inside The White House"