Thread: Goodbye America

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.

Goodbye America

This has to stop.

Not sure about the title.

Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Yeah... NO ONE seems to be concerned with this. It's amazing. Really.
    The gun-toting practitioner of the Middle Path.

Quote Originally Posted by AK again View Post
    Yeah... NO ONE seems to be concerned with this. It's amazing. Really.
    Guess we may be having a new dark age on the horizon.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

This is yet another, and one of the most disturbing signs that our leadership knows that an economic depression is coming, or at least believes that it is - depression the likes of which we have never seen before - not even close.

I have been harping on this for the last year or so - along with some others here. At first, some called us paranoid and foolish for "believing the internet", etc. I was amazed that people were totally ignorant at first. Now, more are willing to admit that it could happen, yet, they seem frozen - unwilling to prepare in any way. The more information I get, the more I am convinced that it is happening - in progress right now and that it will indeed happen. It's just a matter of when.

God help us. Really. We are going to need his help.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

I think they are overestimating the number of people killed In Iraq. It seems to be more around the range of 100k. Also I strongly disagree with the Truther sentiments in the video. That being said, Gunsnet Member Ronwicp has in a recent thread by LAGC posted part of the NDAA. Highlighted text would appear to disagree with the video makers take on the bill.

1. SEC. 1032. REQUIREMENT FOR MILITARY CUSTODY.

(a) Custody Pending Disposition Under Law of War-
    (1) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in paragraph (4), the Armed Forces of the United States shall hold a person described in paragraph (2) who is captured in the course of hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) in military custody pending disposition under the law of war.
    (2) COVERED PERSONS- The requirement in paragraph (1) shall apply to any person whose detention is authorized under section 1031 who is determined--
    (A) to be a member of, or part of, al-Qaeda or an associated force that acts in coordination with or pursuant to the direction of al-Qaeda; and
    (B) to have participated in the course of planning or carrying out an attack or attempted attack against the United States or its coalition partners.
    (3) DISPOSITION UNDER LAW OF WAR- For purposes of this subsection, the disposition of a person under the law of war has the meaning given in section 1031(c), except that no transfer otherwise described in paragraph (4) of that section shall be made unless consistent with the requirements of section 1033.
    (4) WAIVER FOR NATIONAL SECURITY- The Secretary of Defense may, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, waive the requirement of paragraph (1) if the Secretary submits to Congress a certification in writing that such a waiver is in the national security interests of the United States.
    (b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-
    (1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.
    (2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.
    (c) Implementation Procedures-
    (1) IN GENERAL- Not later than 60 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the President shall issue, and submit to Congress, procedures for implementing this section.
    (2) ELEMENTS- The procedures for implementing this section shall include, but not be limited to, procedures as follows:
    (A) Procedures designating the persons authorized to make determinations under subsection (a)(2) and the process by which such determinations are to be made.
    (B) Procedures providing that the requirement for military custody under subsection (a)(1) does not require the interruption of ongoing surveillance or intelligence gathering with regard to persons not already in the custody or control of the United States.
    (C) Procedures providing that a determination under subsection (a)(2) is not required to be implemented until after the conclusion of an interrogation session which is ongoing at the time the determination is made and does not require the interruption of any such ongoing session.
    (D) Procedures providing that the requirement for military custody under subsection (a)(1) does not apply when intelligence, law enforcement, or other government officials of the United States are granted access to an individual who remains in the custody of a third country.
    (E) Procedures providing that a certification of national security interests under subsection (a)(4) may be granted for the purpose of transferring a covered person from a third country if such a transfer is in the interest of the United States and could not otherwise be accomplished.
    (d) Effective Date- This section shall take effect on the date that is 60 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, and shall apply with respect to persons described in subsection (a)(2) who are taken into the custody or brought under the control of the United States on or after that effective date.

I do not trust the fed. They are slowly chipping away at the foundation of this great nation. If any bill, even in a small way, can be used to further this decline, it must be opposed with the greatest of vigor.

But one should note that the enemies of freedom are a deceitful bunch, and justify the means by the outcome. Isolation and ridicule rest in their war chests. Be very careful how you proceed, for even the truth can be spun into a blur.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I am not going to question the Marine who is acting on what he's seeing within the military.

Just saying.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Thanks for your input nitewatcher, but I respectfully disagree.

I'm willing to lose a few airliners to retain my freedom.

How many children have to die before we abdicate our liberty...?

...all of them.

Never surrender.

This NDAA is pretty crazy however you look at it, if the Gubment can pull this out of their ass they can do anything. It looks like they want to abolish the Constitution, wouldn't that make them an enemy to said Constitution? But our service members get stuck with enforcing this instead. But nobody isn't doing anything about this, what can be done? It may be the light to the fuse of a slow burn. All we can do is pray and keep doing what we do, prep for the worst and hope it doesn't come. My parents told me when I was young that more control would come. All of this comes as we get out of Iraq, bringing the boys home to enforce the home front? Seems pretty fishy. Who knows, maybe the Fed could crack down on gun owners, or at first specific stuff like NFA items. Label those with those items as potential threats, and keep doing so until their way is had. I've got my tin foil hat on right now and ranting, but the agenda could be much worse than we may expect. The FEMA camps I keep hearing about freaks me out.

Quote Originally Posted by nitewatcher View Post
    Remember WWII the country rounded up ALL!!! Japanese & sent them to internment camps. Citizens & non-citizens ALL JAPANESE. .
    Bad example and one which is VERY misguided, unfortunately. The DEMOCRAT round up of Japanese who were American Citizens was an ABOMINATION. These were Citizens of the United States (same happened to a lesser degree to German and Italian Americans on the East Coast). You conveniently forget that one of the main reasons why it was an abomination was that there was never a single incident of espionage or disloyalty on the part of Japanese Americans. Not one, out of thousands. Many of them volunteered to fight and did. They distinguished themselves with valor. I don't see Muslims signing up to fight for the Stars and Stripes during our current war on terror but that's besides the point. You just blithely throw out that America did this because we were at war. It is not worth it to lose what we are. You'd turn us into Nazi Germany for the perception of Security. Bad thinking, friend.

Um, none of the legal Japanese Americans ate our troops..
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Why doesn't the Fed put their hands down on drug dealers, Felons and cons with firearms, and 2nd and 3rd generation welfare people, and illegal aliens? Many of these people aren't doing anything for our country and bring the debt up. Why not label them as a terror group, or financial terror group? Put the so called FEMA camps to good use and drop the dead weight. Seriously. And why not throw the wall street thieves in there while they are at it. The priorities of this leadership is truly backwards and need to fix the mess, or get voted out. Something very soon.

I personally dont worry about it. To the best of my knowledge I have never given the government or the authorities any reason to suspect me of anything. I dont buy large amounts of fertilizer. I say off of islamic web site. I have never written a check to hezbollah. I dont go to flight school only wanting to learn how to take off. I also think water boarding and other methods should be used. Do whatever it takes to protect the Homeland during war time.
    Yeah, keep your head down, don't look anyone in the eye ... real freedom?
    The gun-toting practitioner of the Middle Path.

Really???? thats all you got???? what about there relatives, whats that say about there race that they eat our POWS? We have become a nation of pussies. And perhaps you are one of them.
    So I take it you also have a hatred of German Americans, Korean Americans, and Italian Americans?

Im not a pussy for not hating a entire group of people for what people not even related to them that they dont even know did. If they respect America and give to it to help it prosper, they deserve no hate from me.

Should I hate, spit on, and beat you because your long ago relative was with the Union while mine was with the Confederacy and your lot burned and torched our farms?

Fuck you
    Last edited by Solidus-snake; 12-19-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Or I suppose from now on when I see you I need to remember to tap my heels and salute

We are not fighting a traditional war. What you are suggesting is like if we imprisoned all people of eastern European decent during the cold war. It is just not practical.

FDR was in the wrong when he started rounding up Germans, and such. I would take no points on how to run the country from him. He was the closest thing to a dictator this country has had yet. When he died, congress immediately moved forward a bill putting in place term limits for the president. They hoped this would at least slow the process down.

Radical in like suspending the constitution?
    Radical in like indefinite detention for any reason the potus or mil decides?
    Radical in like warrantless and unconstitutional searches and seizures?

So.... how much deletion of the constitution do you approve of?

"Those who give up essential liberty for some percieved but not actual security deserve neither"

Really???? thats all you got???? what about there relatives, whats that say about there race that they eat our POWS? We have become a nation of pussies. And perhaps you are one of them.
    According to YOUR fucked up logic, because I'm part German, I'm culpable for the Holocaust .... oh wait, you LIKE killing Jews, sorry about that....

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post

Im not a pussy for not hating a entire group of people......

Fuck you
    To play well with others here, it my become necessary to send you to:

HOW TO HATE ENTIRE GROUPS School !@!!

Wart