Thread: Bananas! yes or no?

Bananas! yes or no?

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.

The libertarian roast continues.

Sad part is somewhere out there is some kitchen table voter that waits until the day before the election to really look at who the candidates are seeing that video and thinking to themself "yeah i heard someone say that guy was crazy once" and actually believing it's real.

Sour grapes.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

He's not bananas just misguided in some ways, he's a slave to his philosophy when in some instances maybe he ought to be more practical or atleast have the good sense to just quit talking. I think he's a semi smart guy, very smart in somethings, not so in other areas.

Vote Newt for globalism, bilderberg approval, bohemian grove membership, nafta/gatt, amnesty for millions of foreign criminals, more failouts for the banksters, another president owned by the cfr, and a president who says FDR was the greatest American politician of the 20th century.

Vote Ron Paul for constitutional government.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

that was funny... and yet... so realistic!
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Cool

There's more where that came from:

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    He's not bananas just misguided in some ways, he's a slave to his philosophy when in some instances maybe he ought to be more practical or atleast have the good sense to just quit talking. I think he's a semi smart guy, very smart in somethings, not so in other areas.

+1

I admire his honesty and conviction to his principals but he needs to remember that to be elected president means he needs to attract a broad spectrum of voters.

Some of the stuff he says especially when it comes to foreign policy is just totally off the wall and really turns a lot of voters off.

Being the choice of the Kook Nation doesn't help either. A lot of regular folk who would support his campaign walk away because they don't want to be associated with the looneys and whackos in his camp.

That being said there's a part of me that would love to see Ron Paul win it all. It's just the kind of wake-up call the DC insiders need.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Lightbulb

On his domestic stance, he's very good. On foreign issues, he's got his head firmly shoved neck deep up his ass. That or he's insane. Either way he has less than zero chance to be the President of the US and if we ran him as the Republican candidate Obama would get his second term.

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    That being said there's a part of me that would love to see Ron Paul win it all. It's just the kind of wake-up call the DC insiders need.
    I can agree with that...

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    On his domestic stance, he's very good. On foreign issues, he's got his head firmly shoved neck deep up his ass. That or he's insane. Either way he has less than zero chance to be the President of the US and if we ran him as the Republican candidate Obama would get his second term.

As much as I hate to say or even think it I honestly don't think any of these candidates are gonna beat Obama.

Ron Paul or any of the other second tier candiates are real longshots and just don't have the organization or political backing necessary to even win their party's nomination, let alone the presidency.

Newt and especially Romney have the machinery in place, but Newt is a very polarizing figure with little or no support outside of the Rupub party, and Romeny is just such a lackluster un-inspiring candidate it's pathetic. The guy couldn't even beat out McCain last time around, and if the Repubs don't really want him what makes anyone think Dems and indies are gonna flock to him?

I'm afraid the voters maybe content to stick with the devil they know and give Obama a second term rather than take a chance on these losers.

Let's hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by weevil; 12-19-2011 at 08:51 PM.

at least three dittos. He is the right candidate for the economic future of the country. That being said, he is not the right person for foreign policy or protecting our borders.
    No pre-emption and open borders are dangerous scenario's.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Vote Newt for globalism, bilderberg approval, bohemian grove membership, nafta/gatt, amnesty for millions of foreign criminals, more failouts for the banksters........
    Add Skull and Bones and you have Dubya Bush.

Wart