Thread: Five safest cities in America

Five safest cities in America

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/am...ties-2011.html

What really pissed me off was Number 3 (Honolulu). The writer, a woman named, By Beth Greenfield, goes out of her way to mention that HAWAII has some of the strictest GUN CONTROL in the nation. She gives THAT as a primary reason why Honolulu has less violent crime than other cities. Bullshit!

Higher on the list is a city in NEVADA (Henderson) and TEXAS (Plano), arguably states that have WAY LESS GUN CONTROL than any other states. So the correlation of Gun Control and being safe from violent crime is a crock! But these fuckheads still keep bringing it up!

The usual crap spewed by antis. Nothing new.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Since gun control is the reason Honolulu is up there on the list, then why aren't New York, Chicago, and-- most especially-- Washington D.C. at numbers 1, 2, and 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergis Bauer View Post
    Since gun control is the reason Honolulu is up there on the list, then why aren't New York, Chicago, and-- most especially-- Washington D.C. at numbers 1, 2, and 4?
    Cuz despite their circle jerking over gun control, they cant change the fact that the shit just dont work. As we all know, but unfortunately they dont/ refuse to.
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Lightbulb

No doubt those five cities all have something in common and it has nothing to do with gun control.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

How bout Detroit, Newark, Camden, LA, etc.? There's a huge correlation between strict gun control and high crime.

This report is taken from Yahoo - which is a libtard org for sure.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    How bout Detroit, Newark, Camden, LA, etc.? There's a huge correlation between strict gun control and high crime.

This report is taken from Yahoo - which is a libtard org for sure.
    But originated from Forbes.

By Beth Greenfield, Forbes.com

Wart

Henderson isn't real big, kinda a suburb of Las Vegas, with a police force of 300, where North Las Vegas has 400 and Metro has a force of 4,000!

Lots of gun owners and even had several new gun shops open in the last few years.
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post
    Cuz despite their circle jerking over gun control, they cant change the fact that the shit just dont work. As we all know, but unfortunately they dont/ refuse to.
    Just for the record, you do know that was a rhetorical question.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    There's a huge correlation alright, & again it has little or nothing to do with gun control.

Here's Beth Greenfield's contact BTW if you care to question her logic:

http://bethgreenfield.com/contact2/

greenfield.beth@gmail.com <greenfield.beth@gmail.com>

It wouldn't surprise me at all that the gun control laws have something to do with Hawaii's lower rates, it's a smallish island, it's not like NYC where you can drive in from several more gun friendly states easily. Add in that money goes into the island and rarely goes out you end up with better policing.

There are a number of good reasons Hawaii has lower crime rate, the gun rules probably do add to that.

My guess....

Honolulu has a median income of $65,000
    New York City has a median income of $37435

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    Here's Beth Greenfield's contact BTW if you care to question her logic:

http://bethgreenfield.com/contact2/

greenfield.beth@gmail.com <greenfield.beth@gmail.com>
    Sent her a short email.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Sergis Bauer View Post
    Just for the record, you do know that was a rhetorical question.
    Yes I know
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    There's a huge correlation alright, & again it has little or nothing to do with gun control.
    We get it....

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    Sent her a short email.

Wart
    I sent her a short informative email as well... I was polite and respectful and made my point. She sent me a message back saying I should go to her blog webpage to comment officially, but in the link she provided to the Forbes site, you have to register with them name/password. (too much effort). I'm satisfied that I got speak my mind to an anti and she heard me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me at all that the gun control laws have something to do with Hawaii's lower rates, it's a smallish island, it's not like NYC where you can drive in from several more gun friendly states easily. Add in that money goes into the island and rarely goes out you end up with better policing.

There are a number of good reasons Hawaii has lower crime rate, the gun rules probably do add to that.
    So you're actually buying the idea that because you can't WALK guns across the borders from another more gun friendly state, Hawaii DOES owe it's safety to Gun Control? That would mean that you would have to be one of those fools who blames West Virginia for the Crime in New York City. I don't ascribe to that theory. Most street crime (not the sensationalist high profile guy goes nuts crimes, since those are usually his own guns he bought before he went nuts) are facilitated by black market guns. All the 'bangers' I see have cheap stolen weapons. Black market guns know no boundaries. They can be smuggled just like drugs anywhere, even across the ocean......

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Honolulu has lower crime for several reasons. One is that there are what seems like two cops for every tourist. I was there for Halloween one year and a local told me that if the person was in uniform, it was a cop. Plain cloths, most likely a cop. And half the people in Halloween costumes are probably undercover cops.

Although there are many hiding places on the island, there really isn't much distance you can put between you and a victim before running out of island.

And one rule a buddy told me years ago to keep me safe the first time I visited the 50th state, never follow a Samoan in a jeep off the road!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Honolulu has lower crime for several reasons. One is that there are what seems like two cops for every tourist. I was there for Halloween one year and a local told me that if the person was in uniform, it was a cop. Plain cloths, most likely a cop. And half the people in Halloween costumes are probably undercover cops.

Although there are many hiding places on the island, there really isn't much distance you can put between you and a victim before running out of island.

And one rule a buddy told me years ago to keep me safe the first time I visited the 50th state, never follow a Samoan in a jeep off the road!
    What's weird is them saying that Honolulu has a low crime rate. From all the people I know who live there, crime is exploding!!!! One SAMOAN who put an 87 year old Chinese grandmother in the hospital when he cracked her skull open during a mugging had previously been arrested 70 (!!!!!) times for the same crime (Liberal judges kept on releasing him). I think it's only low in CAPITAL or TOP TIER Crimes of violence (Murder, Rape, Kidnapping, etc). Everyone I know, even in smaller communities, tells me to empty my car because people will smash my windows just to steal what's inside. And i'm not talking OAKLAND or HARLEM. I'm talking Waipahu or Aiea or any other outer suburb of Honolulu. I think the only HUGE police presence is in Waikiki and the financial district, because protecting 'tourists' is job one for a state of the union that has no other resource or value.