Thread: Keep seeing these stories of celeb's "green" houses... but

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Question Keep seeing these stories of celeb's "green" houses... but

when I read further into the story, it becomes aparent that the "green" features also make the place self-sufficient. They don't detail wells and such but I wouldn't be surprised if they had other "self contained" features that don't fit the "green" story line.

Could it be that "green" is the new code word for "survival" with the elites?

I think maybe so.

They all have financial advisors, etc. and surely they are informed as to the current state of affairs and probable future.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

I'm reminded me of "Zombieland" with Woody Harrelson... you know, they end up camping out at Bill Murray's house.

When the SHTF, all those mansions (about 15,000) in Beverly Hills will be ransacked by the mob... they can be as green as they want to, but if they don't have a small armed detail, they'll be overrun.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Bowa Streisand's houseienda has a $22,000 per year water bill. Oughta keep her sorry ass green enough.

Wart

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I think survivalism is a big part in some of their "green-ware". I remember during the first "oil crisis" engineered by Richard M Nixon, when it was found out that super greenie John Denver had installed and filled a 10,000 gallon gasoline tank on his property in the mountains. Too bad he forgot to put some of it in the fuel tank of that new airplane he bought.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    when I read further into the story, it becomes aparent that the "green" features also make the place self-sufficient. They don't detail wells and such but I wouldn't be surprised if they had other "self contained" features that don't fit the "green" story line.

Could it be that "green" is the new code word for "survival" with the elites?

I think maybe so.

They all have financial advisers, etc. and surely they are informed as to the current state of affairs and probable future.
    Your right about that! Funny how all the green homes include safe-rooms. Also, they are able to afford enough solar panels and batteries to power a small community. What's up with that? And the satellite dishes...but guns are never mentioned.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Ever see that show Living with Ed (it has nothing to do with Erectile Disfunction).

Its all about him being a massive intrusive greenie.
    He would go around to other people's green houses and drool over what they have.
    He was always amazed when he saw that somebody had a well, like it was SO original...And here I am thinking "only in Ca do people think having their own well is amazing when everybody in Maine has one" except for the city livers.

BISHOP

Green is what some people use to ease their conscience when they build more house than anyone could possibly need. They get their cake and eat it too, plus thay get to show their Sierra Club friends how clever and earth-friendly they are.
    I'm. Not saying they shouldn't have all the house they can afford, just taking note of the hypocrisy.
    CHOOT UM!

Saw a rapper guy once on TV... had a PLATINUM plated TOILET...

Its like hes saying that hes so rich that he shits on money. I mean hey, they guy makes shitloads of dough off some people stupid tastes in music, and its his right to buy whatever he wants but SERIOUSLY?

Maybe its my raising but I wouldnt look at a poor local food kitchen, orphanage, charity, cancer research, school of some sort in need of help and say "Naaah, FUCK dat shit, imma get me a blingiddy bling throne mang!!"
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
    Green is what some people use to ease their conscience when they build more house than anyone could possibly need. They get their cake and eat it too, plus thay get to show their Sierra Club friends how clever and earth-friendly they are.
    I'm. Not saying they shouldn't have all the house they can afford, just taking note of the hypocrisy.
    Their idea of being clever and Earth friendly is painting their houses green and brown.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.