Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oops, our old buddy officer Harless misses his disciplinary hearing

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Never, ever tell a police officer you have a permit, or your armed! That is the quickest way to get shot, or worse! Cops freak out when a citizen is armed, they have been fooled into thinking an armed citizen is bad. Even with a permit, I've seen people arrested for carrying a concealed weapon and told that's for the judge to decide! Don't think for a minute your permit is a get out of jail free card.
    From what I've read, Ohio requires you to inform the police that you have a firearm. That's the state where this incident happened.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Harless is just wired wrong and while he might be a fine guy at your side in a wild west shoot out
    More like a fine candidate for a Soviet penal brigade with him on foot and yours truly in a tank. Reconnaissance by combat is the only armed activity this gonad needs to be engaged in.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    What would you charge him with?
    In most places, the appropriate charge for threatening someone's life while armed is "felony menacing."

In the three instances I've been stopped by police while armed (all sobriety checkpoints), the officers present just waved me through, none wanted to see my permit and one expressed approval that I was carrying. This was in TN.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Everybody has a bad day sometimes but this guy seems to have more than his quota.
    If I have a bad day, I can't go driving around like a maniac and pull my gun on the first person that pisses me off. I'm not a cop.

Man... once the SHTF cops are going to be TARGETS... given that we can't tell the difference between the "bad apples" and the rest of the rotten bowl...

Payback will be a bitch.

Cue TEN-32 spewing forth an acidic rant...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

He is no good. Needs a new line of work...minimum.
    I love it. Cop assaults a person with a deadly weapon (an act that would get MY ass landed in jail) and all you can say is "he needs a new line of work"?

He needs 10 to 25 years in a cell with Bubba... that's what he needs.

If I pulled a gun on a cop and threatened to blow his head off, what would I be charged with?

See? That's wasn't so hard to figure out now, was it?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Abuse of power, death threats, etc. The fact he hasn't been fired shows what's wrong with Unionized LEO's it also shows how people that wear a blue uniform can get away with acts that would land us standard citizens in jail and dissarmed. In other words it points out a clear double-standard.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Abuse of power, death threats, etc. The fact he hasn't been fired shows what's wrong with Unionized LEO's it also shows how people that wear a blue uniform can get away with acts that would land us standard citizens in jail and dissarmed. In other words it points out a clear double-standard.
    A power mad cop
    A do-nothing administration
    A union

Very bad hand for citizens to draw to.

Of course the city (read taxpayers) will pay through the certain civil suits. The cop..........???

Wart

I'm generally pro-union, but even I will admit that allowing cops to form unions is probably a bad idea, when so much potential for corruption is involved.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12