Thread: Whats with these kids nowadays.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Whats with these kids nowadays.

Just got back from the grocery store.And it struck me.The vast majority of the younger adults.Teens and twentys,are friendly,considerate,respectfull,and generally pleasant to interact with.It,s the people around my age and older who are pissy,inconsiderate,pushy assholes.Blocking aisles while chatting with others.cutting in front of me.Leaving their carts angled across the aisles while they walk away looking for something.The woman who was in front of me in the express lane waited till the cashier totaled up her order,THEN she starts looking for her checkbook.Writes out the check and proceeds to balance the checkbook right there.You're robust and healthy and just bought three or four things,BAG IT YOURSELF YOU LAZY SHIT!And the driving thing.A speed limit of thirty m,p,h means just that,NOT FIFTEEN!And does being in your fortys + and driving a minivan give you licence to blow four way stops,suddenly change lanes or make a turn without using your turn signals?Ya know,when that funny looking light thing turns green,YOU CAN GO!.And how the hell did that four hundred pound woman[no kidding]who is on oxygen and can barely walk,get a licence to drive?I'm not antisocial,I'm just a regular,everyday asshole.But these people are unbelievably inconsiderate,sometimes dangerously so,and totally oblivious to the fact.Never thought I'd say it,But give me some kid all pierced up,with goofy hair and goofier clothes.Much more pleasant to deal with.

I got a couple of funny stories of calling out rude people, one involved me and a 45 yr old guy getting into a fist fight at the court house. Another concerns a 85 yr old woman who turned from frail old stately grandmother to foul mouth old fart just for being called out for cutting in line at the PO

To this day my son knows what's coming when I look to him and ask did that person just disrespect me...

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I think we are seeing the passing of the clinton "me-generation". I tend to agree that the youth of today seems more friendly.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

They're friendly like feeder mice that have had the fear of snakes bred out of them.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Used to go to McDonald's for lunch a couple of time a week and I started noticing that when entering and leaving some folks just pushed/pulled the door open and never looked back while others would hold the door open for folks behind them, let older folks and or women go first, etc.

The first group, almost without exception was what you might call your stereotypical liberal (tie-dye t-shirt, funky 60's clothing, hybrid with an Obama sticker, etc). The other group was about even of folks around 50 or else teenager, 20 somethings.

The more I noticed it, it struck me that the liberals were all about "me" where the others were more about "us" or "you". Next time you're at a fast food joint, especially during the lunch rush, check it out and see if you notice the same thing.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I started noticing that when entering and leaving some folks just pushed/pulled the door open and never looked back while others would hold the door open for folks behind them, let older folks and or women go first, etc.

I think it's a tunnel vision thing.

my usual statement is " I think They have MANNERS on clearance, got pick you up some"
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

I hate to be...

behind women in the grocery store. When the checker tells them how much they owe, it comes as a big surprise to them. Who do they think is going to pay for this stuff? Then they start digging through their purse. In addition, I have shouted to women in line that are on the phone.............."hang up the phone and pay for your groceries".......Geeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....chris3

dont forget about the $50,000 SUV driving 50something-ers who rearend you at a stoplight ,then try to weasle out of fixing their damage.......unfrickenbelievable

I live in Battle Creek Michigan, and everyone (no joke) is so rude here. Most of them Black and feel entitled to whatever they please. A lot of them Gangster wanna be types. When I shop for groceries I see kids 5yr+ using the N word like its no problem, if I used that word I'd get shot. When I'm out and about I keep my mouth shut and my eyes open in worries of being shot for saying something stupid when someone is disrespectful. Its ok when they do it, but wrong and hateful if I were to say anything about it. This place is messed up like that. These people need manners or cleaned out.

I hate to generalize, simply because people behave in such wildly different ways.

However, I've also noticed that a lot of people in the younger generation are a lot more respectful and polite than I expected.

One thing that may be a factor is the music differences, back in the 80's and 90's it was a lot of metal (I enjoyed it myself) but it was rather violent and angry music. Boys wore leather jackets and acted tough, girls were heavy into massive makeup, cockiness was pretty prevalent.

In the younger generation the boys seem to be wearing their little sisters jeans, a lot of the girls are wearing stuff closer to what 80's girls now wear to the office at work, or semi hippy-light stuff.

Both sexes seem much more self conscious, worried more about offending people...hell 80's kids wanted to offend people, these kids are closer to taking the doctors oath of "First do no harm".

Many seem overly kind and overly worried about treating other people well...seems like a good thing on the surface, but frankly a lot of them seem a bit twitchy about it, over thinking how they effect others and need to mellow.

I may be reading to much into that though, I just went shopping with my daughter today and she seemed neurotic about that stuff..I couldn't help but think "If she was a boy, not my daughter, I would say the kid is in desperate need of a blowjob".

Funny thing, when I worked in fast food I noticed that the utmost rudest, disrespectful, hateful, onery, cantankerous folks were the ones coming from Church on Sunday and Wednesday nights. Picky, selfish and would even openly insult you.

Pierced, tatted up school kids, no problem.
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC