Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wave of bombings kills 69 across Iraqi capital

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

Wave of bombings kills 69 across Iraqi capital

By Qassim Abdul-Zahra
    Associated Press
    Thursday, December 22, 2011

BAGHDAD (AP) — A wave of 16 bombings ripped across Baghdad on Thursday, killing at least 69 people in the worst violence in Iraq for months. The apparently coordinated attacks struck days after the last American forces left the country and in the midst of a major government crisis between Shiite and Sunni politicians that has sent sectarian tensions soaring.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ital-kills-60/
    Well they got what they wanted, the imperialist Yankee Satan to leave their sacred ground. Now they are doing what they do best, burning American flags and killing each other in the most gruesome and grizzly way possible, Bombs and innocent people what a lovely combination. Makes you want to sing for joy. And they call themselves the religion of peace. I hate to think what a war loving religion would be like.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Those pieces of shit in Iraq have always been bitching about us "destroying," their country. They are the ones who continue to destroy themselves, and only have themselves to blame for it. They'll be living under another dictatorship, or authoritarian regime before long.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    They have been killing each other since the dawn of time. There was no way our great military, or any other organization could change things. I really find it hard to imagine a mind set where your sole objective is to kill for your "god". (yes, small "g")

A good friend of mine in the ARMY told me the only way to change anything over there is to keep killing them. If they don't have any outsiders to fight they go straight back to killing themselves. Sad really, we probably should of glassed the region and call it good. He also told me back in 06, when we leave, we'll end up just going back for round 2. So I guess we will see how this plays out.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Guess my 6 month prediction was a little generous.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Guess my 6 month prediction was a little generous.
    Hell 1 Pat anybody that was awake knew this to be the truth of the matter. I am just sick because ......... Pick a place to start.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Most of you guys just miss Dubya Bush telling you everything is A OK !!

Go back and read some Dubya speeches.......maybe again watch the video of Dubya declaring victory on the aircraft carrier.

Then I just know all will feel better.

Wart

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

This is exactly why I wasn't all happy feet over the complete withdrawl.

All of the blood sweat and tears and treasure - just to let it go to shit again.

Sorry - but this is on obummer.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post

All of the blood sweat and tears and treasure - just to let it go to shit again.

Nope this too is on your good buddy Dubya. It was the Dubya administration that negotiated the SOFA agreement with Iraq calling for all US troops to be gone by 12/31/11

The US negotiated with Iraq while Iraq sought the counsel of Iran. Once approved by Iran and Iraq the US signed.

More than 4000 of our finest dead, untold treasure squandered.....for nothing. Barry Obama to blame ?? NO WAY. Yes a worthless piece of shit is Barry but a rank amateur douche bag when compared to Dubya Bush.

Wart

The silver lining in this cloud is that none of the injured or dead were ours.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Any idiot with half a brain....

knew this was going to happen. Civilizing that part of the world is like trying to civilizing Africa...........chris3

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post

I'm not sure OSOK, I really don't think our continued presence over there would have stopped this. We might have provided a little more stability, and security, but at the end of the day we couldn't stay there forever.

Angry

None of this shit (daily bombings) were happening under Saddam... just saying.

It just goes to show that people need to fight their own revolutions, but only when they are good and ready. When foreign invaders come in and occupy a place and try to force a system upon them, it only leaves lots of resentment and festering wounds -- and LOTS and LOTS of instability.

I predict our little Iraqi puppet government will be overthrown within a year... with a much more hostile, pro-Iranian regime succeeding it.

We reap what we sow.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    None of this shit (daily bombings) were happening under Saddam... just saying.

It just goes to show that people need to fight their own revolutions, but only when they are good and ready. When foreign invaders come in and occupy a place and try to force a system upon them, it only leaves lots of resentment and festering wounds -- and LOTS and LOTS of instability.

I predict our little Iraqi puppet government will be overthrown within a year... with a much more hostile, pro-Iranian regime succeeding it.

We reap what we sow.
    The kurds were famously bombed several times under saddam.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    And famously gassed as well. But that was the government's doing, only in the far North of the country.

But most of the country was quite stable and peaceful under Saddam. You didn't see the anarchy and lawlessness that has plagued the county for the last 8 years since we began meddling.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    And famously gassed as well. But that was the government's doing, only in the far North of the country.

But most of the country was quite stable and peaceful under Saddam. You didn't see the anarchy and lawlessness that has plagued the county for the last 8 years since we began meddling.
    Oh OK so if we ignore the bombing and gasings, the forced rapes, the state run security forces terrorizing citizens it was a pretty decent place to raise a family....

Why do you do this? Seriously why do you feel the need to defend the tyrants and put down the US all the time?

And gassed.

Wart

Oh OK so if we ignore the bombing and gasings, the forced rapes, the state run security forces terrorizing citizens it was a pretty decent place to raise a family....

Why do you do this? Seriously why do you feel the need to defend the tyrants and put down the US all the time?
    All I'm saying is that compared to the tyrant we knew, who at least knew how to keep the Muzzies in check, we will now face a much more hostile regime in power before long.

When history looks back on our involvement in Iraq, whether things got better or worse for most Iraqi civilians, it won't paint a rosy picture.

Do you want drastic social/economic/political change for America? I swear I've read something to that effect from you before. If living in relative peace and quiet for the complicit citizen under a tyrant is so good why would anyone want to risk the same outcome by revolution here?

I'd rather take the chance to live free in chaos then repressed and fearful under a tyrant.

And here's where/when Saddam obtained his WMD's to use on the Iranians and the Kurds.

Wart

March, 1986. The United States with Great Britain block all Security Council resolutions condemning Iraq's use of chemical weapons, and on March 21 the US becomes the only country refusing to sign a Security Council statement condemning Iraq's use of these weapons. [10]

May, 1986. The US Department of Commerce licenses 70 biological exports to Iraq between May of 1985 and 1989, including at least 21 batches of lethal strains of anthrax. [3]

May, 1986. US Department of Commerce approves shipment of weapons grade botulin poison to Iraq. [7]

March, 1987. President Reagan bows to the findings of the Tower Commission admitting the sale of arms to Iran in exchange for hostages. Oliver North uses the profits from the sale to fund an illegal war in Nicaragua. [17]

Late 1987. The Iraqi Air Force begins using chemical agents against Kurdish resistance forces in northern Iraq. [1]

February, 1988. Saddam Hussein begins the "Anfal" campaign against the Kurds of northern Iraq. The Iraq regime used chemical weapons against the Kurds killing over 100,000 civilians and destroying over 1,200 Kurdish villages. [8]

April, 1988. US Department of Commerce approves shipment of chemicals used in manufacture of mustard gas. [7]

August, 1988. Four major battles were fought from April to August 1988, in which the Iraqis massively and effectively used chemical weapons to defeat the Iranians. Nerve gas and blister agents such as mustard gas are used. By this time the US Defense Intelligence Agency is heavily involved with Saddam Hussein in battle plan assistance, intelligence gathering and post battle debriefing. In the last major battle with of the war, 65,000 Iranians are killed, many with poison gas. Use of chemical weapons in war is in violation of the Geneva accords of 1925. [6] & [13]

August, 1988. Iraq and Iran declare a cease fire. [8]

August, 1988. Five days after the cease fire Saddam Hussein sends his planes and helicopters to northern Iraq to begin massive chemical attacks against the Kurds. [8]

September, 1988. US Department of Commerce approves shipment of weapons grade anthrax and botulinum to Iraq. [7]

September, 1988. Richard Murphy, Assistant Secretary of State: "The US-Iraqi relationship is... important to our long-term political and economic objectives." [15]

December, 1988. Dow chemical sells $1.5 million in pesticides to Iraq despite knowledge that these would be used in chemical weapons. [1]

July 25, 1990. US Ambassador to Baghdad meets with Hussein to assure him that President Bush "wanted better and deeper relations". Many believe this visit was a trap set for Hussein. A month later Hussein invaded Kuwait thinking the US would not respond. [12]

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/a...rming_iraq.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast