Thread: $Millions spent to store border fence could have built a big part of it.

$Millions spent to store border fence could have built a big part of it.

Under the Bush administration, Congress had ordered the Department of Homeland Security to take proper measures to protect the US-Mexico border. Part of that order included authorization to build a steel fence along part of the border. US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) contracted with a company for the purchase and storage of enough steel to erect 651 miles of security fencing along the 2,000 mile border.

Nearly 299 miles of fence was erected by the time Obama won the election and made it known that he opposed the fencing off of the border. When construction was halted, there was still over 27,000 tons of steel valued around $44 million still in storage. Storage fees for the steel added up to nearly $10 million because the federal government had not moved the steel from the contracted storage facility to a government facility.

The US Inspector General’s office has been looking into the CBP border protection program and issued this statement,

“As a result, Customs and Border Protection purchased more steel than needed, incurred additional storage costs, paid interest on late payments, and approved a higher-priced subcontractor, resulting in additional expenditures of about $69 million that could have been put to better use.”

Customs and Border Protection dispute the claims and say that the figure is only about $282,000 instead of the reported $69 million, but it’s hard to argue with the bean counters in the Inspector General’s office.

My question is why wasn’t the rest of the steel used to further the construction of a border fence as it was initially intended for in the first place?

The answer is simple. Obama wants millions of illegals crossing the border so they can help drain the American economy by stealing hundreds of thousands of jobs from US citizens plus draining government funds by taking advantage of all of the wonderful programs he has offered them at taxpayer expense.

When you look at the bottom line, this is an act of treason against the people and the sovereignty of the United States and should be dealt with accordingly. However, our congressional leaders are too spineless to try to do anything about it. And if they did try to do something about it, the liberal Obama appointed federal judges would back him up anyway.

All I can say is God help us if Obama gets re-elected because this will only get worse, MUCH WORSE!

Read more: Obama Spending Money Not to Protect US-Mexico Border | Godfather Politics http://godfatherpolitics.com/2754/ob...#ixzz1hQaAdyQI

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

They need to put up 12 foot concrete T-walls like we had in Iraq, with gun turrets every 1000 yards. Fuck Obama!
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.