Thread: PELOSI FAMILY GETS OUR TAX $GREEN CREATING 45 JOBS AT $16 MIL EACH

PELOSI FAMILY GETS OUR TAX $GREEN CREATING 45 JOBS AT $16 MIL EACH

What a surprise

IT DOESN’T STOP. HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH IT?

SURPRISE, SURPRISE.........I LIVED IN TONOPAH, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN WINDMILLS, NOT SOLAR PANELS.

The Solar thing just got a little more interesting....REALLY....
    The Tonopah Solar company, in Harry Reid's Nevada, is getting a $737 million
    loan from Obama's DOE.
    The project will produce a 110 megawatt power system and employ 45
    permanent workers.
    That's costing us just $16 million per job.
    One of the investment partners in this endeavor is Pacific Corporate Group
    (PCG).
    The PCG executive director is Ron Pelosi who is the brother of Nancy 's
    husband.

Just move along folks.....nothing going on here....

THE STORY HERE...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lar-plant.html

Quote Originally Posted by PROBASCO View Post
    The Tonopah Solar company, in Harry Reid's Nevada, is getting a $737 million
    loan from Obama's DOE.
    The project will produce a 110 megawatt power system and employ 45
    permanent workers.
    That's costing us just $16 million per job.
    You can't just look at it as how many jobs it creates, but how much energy and productivity it generates.

110 megawatts can power quite a few homes and businesses.

We'll have to move to a completely renewables-based energy economy sooner or later, fossil fuels won't last forever. Might as well get started now.

The more R&D and investment in renewable energy resources, the faster the technology will come down in price for everyone.

Ideally, we'd all eventually have solar panels on our roofs and be energy self-sufficient, not having to rely on a central grid.

That's more freedom and autonomy for everyone -- all we need is for the price to come down some more to make it economical for the average consumer.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    You can't just look at it as how many jobs it creates, but how much energy and productivity it generates.

110 megawatts can power quite a few homes and businesses.

We'll have to move to a completely renewables-based energy economy sooner or later, fossil fuels won't last forever. Might as well get started now.

The more R&D and investment in renewable energy resources, the faster the technology will come down in price for everyone.

Ideally, we'd all eventually have solar panels on our roofs and be energy self-sufficient, not having to rely on a central grid.

That's more freedom and autonomy for everyone -- all we need is for the price to come down some more to make it economical for the average consumer.
    like i said "I lived in Tonoipah" solar energy that has to travel 200 miles to the nearest city is going to loose much of its original zip. I would bet good money, the projections are bogus. And for the record, when these companies are failures like solyndra, and cost more to build than their return, the R & D needs to go ion another direction. The "warm and fuzzy" feeling is all that is going to be generated that will serve the public. The cost of the project will be recouped in how many decades? Typically it takes 40 years to recoup solar cost and the panels have a shorter life. I would rather see the wind towers that actually pay for themselves. But you being part of the pelosi-reid suckfest its all good right? Lets see, a nation going bankrupt, spending more money than it takes in, investing in a loosing propositions, one after another, no, i see nothing wrong here. That is if your an selfish basturd that cares nothing about the future of the country, the debt your (if you have any) kids will be straddled with or common sense spending. no lets spend more money on projects like turtle tunnels or teaching south Africans how to wash their testicles. Your parties self destructive ways of Cloward Piven are going just fine. The progressive total denial of the decline of the American republic, to that of a 3rd world labor camp, is only over shadowed by its willingness to spend other peoples money for condoms made of jello. Seriously.

I wonder how close $150,000 in construction costs per megawatt is compared to other types of electrical plants.
    Last edited by mriddick; 12-26-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PROBASCO View Post
    like i said "I lived in Tonoipah" solar energy that has to travel 200 miles to the nearest city is going to loose much of its original zip. I would bet good money, the projections are bogus. And for the record, when these companies are failures like solyndra, and cost more to build than their return, the R & D needs to go ion another direction. The "warm and fuzzy" feeling is all that is going to be generated that will serve the public. The cost of the project will be recouped in how many decades? Typically it takes 40 years to recoup solar cost and the panels have a shorter life. I would rather see the wind towers that actually pay for themselves.
    Yeah, but how practical are wind turbines? On my last road-trip out-of-state, I saw a bunch of wind farms littering the landscape, but you know what was most interesting? Hardly a single one of them was even turning. At least with solar power you get a good 10+ hours of sunlight every day in the desert, can't quite say the same thing about wind. It's spotty at best.

The biggest hurdle we face with either wind OR solar is the matter of energy STORAGE. Right now, big battery technology is expensive and eats up a good portion of those cost outlays. With wind, there often isn't any energy storage at all, and they often rely on dirty natural gas plants to supply the base-load when the wind isn't blowing.

The more money we pump into big solar projects the sooner someone will come up with a breakthrough in battery technology so we can innovate our way out of our problem.

The amount of money the Federal government invests in renewables is really only a very small drop in the bucket. We shouldn't let fiascos like Solyndra distract us from the bigger picture of moving us towards more energy independence, away from fossil fuels...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

The amount of money the Federal government invests in renewables is really only a very small drop in the bucket. We shouldn't let fiascos like Solyndra distract us from the bigger picture of moving us towards more energy independence, away from fossil fuels...
    Dirty natural gas?? New design NG powered generation plants are remarkably clean.
    Let's get over this old school mentality and find the next electrical power source. Clouds and line loss make solar impractical. We need better conductors and/or a new paradigm in supply. Really now; we've been using magnets to supply our power for 180 years. How quaint.

ETA: re: Pelosi- this is a surprise??
    Last edited by Goodman; 12-25-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    CHOOT UM!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
    Dirty natural gas?? New design NG powered generation plants are remarkably clean.
    Yeah, just like "clean" coal, right? The same amount of carbon keeps getting spewed into the atmosphere...

Let's get over this old school mentality and find the next electrical power source. Clouds and line loss make solar impractical. We need better conductors and/or a new paradigm in supply. Really now; we've been using magnets to supply our power for over 100 years. How quaint.
    The only way we're going to find a breakthrough is if we really invest in R&D. Investing in big solar projects now help private firms have more access to capital to conduct research themselves. We've already come a long way in increasing efficiency of PV materials... the best thing about solar is that the energy is FREE and LIMITLESS. The solar energy that falls on just the road surfaces in the United States is equal to the entire energy needs of the country. If we can find some way of turning America's roads into generators when not in use, we can kiss fossil fuels good-bye for good.

No, NG releases relatively very small amounts of CO2 when burned, and water. Build that generator near a natural cooling source and you have, other than hydro electric, a very clean generation source.

Solar? Eh, too labor intensive. Im skeptical it could ever take over as a primary source. Faraday discovered induction 180 years ago and Tesla gave us AC 120 years ago, but Tesla never finished his great work- sourcing electricity from "thin air".
    Someone is going to figure it out.
    You wanna knock out all the world's wealthiest people and topple the global status quo? Figure out the base nature of electricity and how to channel it. The entire world economy will collapse overnight.
    CHOOT UM!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I have done some study in this area for my Bachelor's degree. One of the big problems with wind and solar is the amount of room it takes to get the comparable amount of energy as from a traditional (hydro-electric, coal, NG or nuke) plant. It takes 1000s or acres to get enough solar panels or wind turbines to produce the same amount of power. That is destructive to habitat so people don't like them. Another large problem, already mentioned, is that the are not reliable. Cloudy days, windless or low wind days, don't generate any power at all. These sources will, at best, supplement other sources of power.

One other thing I learned, hydro-electric power produces more (I hate to use this term) green house gasses than any other form of power production. This is because the dam causes a buildup of organic material that is flushed from up stream. This material then decays in a localized area at the dam producing an abundance of green house gasses. Using siphon technology reduces this but also reduces the generating capacity of the plant.

I don't think there is anyway to produce power without negative side effects we do not want. We just have to decide which we are going to use.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Well, I for one am glad this aid goes to such a deserving American, I mean insider trading and "gifts" from lobbyists will only get you so far.

Yeah, just like "clean" coal, right? The same amount of carbon keeps getting spewed into the atmosphere...
    Don't be stupid. Methane burns cleaner than coal. It is the lowest emission fosil fuel there is. As in "no emisson". It's gas, what exactly is left after oxidation? Not a whole lot!

Maybe you should research this stuff before you make a stupid statement like "burning methane produces as much residue as burning coal". Did you fall asleep in junior high school science class?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    Maybe you should research this stuff before you make a stupid statement like "burning methane produces as much residue as burning coal". Did you fall asleep in junior high school science class?
    In his defense, there have been massive budget cuts in the science departments of Idaho's penal institutions.

Pelosi clan and close associates are going to get richer over this Ponsey scheme.
    There will not be any productive output by this proposal.
    It's run by gov. buffoons who will destruct the integrity of the concept.

Welcome back to the conundrum of fossil fuels, and you will consume them
    until you puke. Policy from the top down.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

i AM BETTING THE LOAN WILL DEFAULT IN THE NEXT 3-4 YEARS AND WE WEILL BE THE PROUD OWNERS OF ANOTHER SOLAR SCAM. BTW, THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE ALL DAY IN THE NEVADA DESERT AS SOME MAY THINK. MAYBE IN LOST WAGES TO THE SOUTH, BUT NOT IN TONOPAH, WHICH MEANS BTW "NO WATER". TONOPAH IS ALWAYS WINDY, AND THE DESERT IS A MUCH BETTER PLACE FOR WINDMILLS THAT WOULD FOR THE MOST PART BE COMPLETELY OUT OF PUBLIC VIEW EXCEPT FOR LOCALS OUT FOR A DRIVE IN THE DESERT. BUT THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS TO EXPOSE THE INSIDER TRADING ASPECT NOT TO DISCUSS ENERGY ALTERNATIVES. iF WE ALLOW THESE TYPES OF ARRANGMENTS BETWEEN THOSE IN POWER AND THEIR FAMILIES WE MIGHT AS WELL HAVE A MONARCHY.

THE CORRUPTION IS THE STORY, BUT YOU DID A GOOD JOB OF PUSHING IT OFF COURSE LAGC WHICH IS YOUR JOB AS A PROGRESSIVE..