Thread: 2nd place in the fantasy football league

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Red face 2nd place in the fantasy football league

Not bad for a guy that knows little about "current" football. I like football but I do not keep up with players, stats, etc. at all.

The boss "encouraged" me to play and kitty up $100 - so I did. I did last year too but was too busy to keep up with the needed coaching and I really didn't even know how to use the web site... and didn't do well at all.

This year, I paid attention and delved a little deeper into the web site and it's research tools and used that to make my decisions.

Ended up scoring the highest points for the regular season (but finished 4th overall in recored) but got into the playoffs - won my first game which put me into the 1st or 2nd place bracket - along with the guy that works for me! I thought that was really funny because he was in last place for a long time.

Well, my guy beat the crap out of me and took 1st place and the $400 top prize. I am happy for him as I know this irritates my boss Just as my 2nd place and $300 payout do. All in good fun but I know he fancies himself a football expert and knows that we are nothing of the sort.

Anyhoo, I can put this with my Christmas $$ and get something...

Now, what to get... Hmmm.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    An autographed Tony Romo jersey????

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Hmmmm, no.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~