Thread: Iran wants closer military ties with Iraq

Iran wants closer military ties with Iraq

This didn't take long after we left. I think we had a case of premature evacuation.

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-says-read...202119055.html

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

This was happening LONG BEFORE we left. The Iraqi leadership made at least five trips to Iran before agreeing to the SOFA Agreement that dictated all US troops be gone by 12/31/2011.....(among many other things).

Does not matter much what we like or don't like. Iran is the regional leader.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    I think we had a case of premature evacuation.
    Dubya agreed to the 12/31/2011 US departure date in the summer of 2008. (Iraq, with Iranian approval, pushed the (relatively) early departure date and Dubya agreed.)

Wart

The departure of the US troops "was due to the resistance and determination of the Iraqi people and government," he said.

"I hope the humiliating failure of the United States after nine years of occupying Iraq will serve as a lesson for them to never think of attacking another country," he said.

Firouzabadi added that Iran was now "ready to expand its military and security ties with Iraq."

Zebari led a delegation of Iraqi military chiefs to Iran last month to explore greater cooperation between the two defence forces.
    Zebari led a delegation of Iraqi military chiefs to Iran last month to explore greater cooperation between the two defence forces.
    Note the Iraqis did the traveling and not the Iranians showing their subservient position.

"I hope the humiliating failure of the United States after nine years of occupying Iraq will serve as a lesson for them to never think of attacking another country," he said.
    We will have learned little.

Wart

I'm assuming this goes beyond the aid they're giving to the muj already as in ieds and so on.

Contributor 05/2012

<shouting> OLIVER NORTH...........OLIVER NORTH..........Oli, we've got a job for you.

Ahhhh, THOSE were the days?!