Thread: Senator Reid Makes More False Claims

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Senator Reid Makes More False Claims

Paul Roderick Gregory, Contributor
    Domestic and world economics from a free-market perspective

Economics|12/25/2011 @ 10:15PM |31,740 views
    Sen. Harry Reid's Unicorns: Fact Checking a Whopper

Tax policy should be serious business carried out by serious politicians using real facts and figures. This is why we have the Library of Congress and the Congressional Budget Office, among other expert institutions.

How can we take Congress seriously when the Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid, makes patently inaccurate, outrageous and bizarre claims on an important tax-policy issue without any heads being turned? I guess this is what we have come to expect of Congress. No wonder citizens with favorable opinions of Congress are as rare as unicorns, to borrow a phrase.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulrode...ing-a-whopper/

I was on a treadmill the other day when the clip of Sen. Reid making this statement was played. I wondered at the time why no one called him on such a ridiculous statement or asked him for proof. He even made this statement on the Senate floor. No wonder we as a country have such a low opinion of our elected representatives.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Harry Reid is a crook and a traitor to our country. He is actively working to destroy our beloved America and has taken full advantage of his position to enrichen himself.

He should be delt with accordingly.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Harry Reid is a crook and a traitor to our country. He is actively working to destroy our beloved America and has taken full advantage of his position to enrichen himself.

He should be delt with accordingly.
    I don't disagree, but he was just re-elected. It is interesting to me that the country has such a low opinion of the Congress, but still re-elects the very people we say we distrust.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I don't disagree, but he was just re-elected. It is interesting to me that the country has such a low opinion of the Congress, but still re-elects the very people we say we distrust.
    Because we-the-people are ignorant. We elect fools and thieves and re-elect more than 90%.

Specific to Harry's re-election, he maintains a pro-gun position, had huge help and money from the unions and Rethuglicans ran a poor candidate.

Wart

Nothing special about Harry's betrayals. You could as easily be describing McCain, Schumer, Newt or ............................ .

Wart

Maybe all of the elections are rigged. Consider how many dead voters and illegals were registered by ACORN and the multitude of other liberal groups that got Obambam elected. That's why they push so hard to avoid the "photo ID required to vote" law

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Maybe all of the elections are rigged. Consider how many dead voters and illegals were registered by ACORN and the multitude of other liberal groups that got Obambam elected. That's why they push so hard to avoid the "photo ID required to vote" law
    Maybe I am naive, but I do not beleive the elections are rigged. I do know that there are alot of questionable actions being taken, mostly by liberals, to influence elections. The second I believe that our ability to freely elect our own officials is the day I decide to retire because our country will no longer be free.

NRA Endowment Member

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I did find it hard to believe that the NRA would support Harry Reid considering his obvious anti-freedom stance on virtually everything, but this would not be the first time that they were suckered in by a candidate falsely proclaiming to be pro-gun.

George Bush the first also snookered the NRA, by taking out a life time membership just before his election to president, and then writing one of the more infamous laws destroying our second amendment rights. And when NRA rightfully called certain members of Bush1 friendship ring as "Jack Booted Thugs" he used that excuse to cancel his membership that was only taken out under false pretenses to begin with.

I have to agree with what has been said many times, that it is beyond belief that people keep electing these obvious idiots to power, and then complain about the state of the union.

Contributor 05/2012

I think, in Harry's mind, IF he didn't get defeated in the last election, he figures he can do whatever the heck he wants to, without repercussion?

OH hell

It will be a no brainer next election just as soon as Holdermen knocks over these few RNC type Govs who have dared to question anything he or Obama has done these last few yrs. I pray every day that this regime(and i do mean regime) gets voted out and the real investagations begin, assuming the RNC has the balls to run a few. Eric Holdermen has been a one man wrecking crew on our constitution. Fast&Furious, not prosecuting the new black panthers or going after John Corzine with the debacle at his now defunct corp.,( anybody remember Enron,poor ceo never made it to jail died first,John Corzine just did the same thing) The list goes on,Sheriff Joe in AZ love him or hate him being persecuted for actually enforcing our current immigration laws, the attack taking place under so-called voters rights in the great state of South Carolina about simple voter registration,hell here were i live in MI it is and has been state law for yrs. Simply trying to hide voter fraud before it can be questioned. Illegal votes,people to damn lazy to take the time to even register. CHI town all the way,ask anyone who lives in Ill outside of Chicago city limits. They must be real scared about Obama care to shove it up front of the Supreme court before the election,THEY want it off the table as an issue prior to next Nov. I have never seen so much B/S in my 58 yrs in such a short time period. There i blew off some steam, Harry Reid what a joke Nevada, Obamas water BOY!! Get a pail full Boy! God help us if these jerks get 4 more yrs. And they said Nixon was a bad boy,yeah right.

Groups of people suck, individuals fare much better. Lawyers for instance, nobody likes them much..but your individual lawyer is awesome.

Congress is the same way.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    Nothing special about Harry's betrayals. You could as easily be describing McCain, Schumer, Newt or ............................ .

Wart
    No, Reid is above and beyond even the likes of Schummer. And I don't put McCain and Newt in the same class at all - yeah, I have issues with them but I wouldn't put them in the traitor catagory.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg

Wart
    No, Reid is above and beyond even the likes of Schummer. And I don't put McCain and Newt in the same class at all - yeah, I have issues with them but I wouldn't put them in the traitor catagory.
    Then we simply agree to disagree.

I put Newt more deadly than any and McCain worse than Harry. Chuckie Schumer.....maybe you're right there in that Harry is probably worse.

I guess I give Harry some room as, after all, he is an acknowledged Dimocrat. Newt is crazy and McCain a progressive and both fly the flag of a Rethuglican. A false flag of course.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by rshaneck2002 View Post
    It will be a no brainer next election just as soon as Holdermen knocks over these few RNC type Govs who have dared to question anything he or Obama has done these last few yrs. I pray every day that this regime(and i do mean regime) gets voted out and the real investagations begin, assuming the RNC has the balls to run a few. Eric Holdermen has been a one man wrecking crew on our constitution. Fast&Furious, not prosecuting the new black panthers or going after John Corzine with the debacle at his now defunct corp.,( anybody remember Enron,poor ceo never made it to jail died first,John Corzine just did the same thing) The list goes on,Sheriff Joe in AZ love him or hate him being persecuted for actually enforcing our current immigration laws, the attack taking place under so-called voters rights in the great state of South Carolina about simple voter registration,hell here were i live in MI it is and has been state law for yrs. Simply trying to hide voter fraud before it can be questioned. Illegal votes,people to damn lazy to take the time to even register. CHI town all the way,ask anyone who lives in Ill outside of Chicago city limits. They must be real scared about Obama care to shove it up front of the Supreme court before the election,THEY want it off the table as an issue prior to next Nov. I have never seen so much B/S in my 58 yrs in such a short time period. There i blew off some steam, Harry Reid what a joke Nevada, Obamas water BOY!! Get a pail full Boy! God help us if these jerks get 4 more yrs. And they said Nixon was a bad boy,yeah right.
    They must be real scared about Obama care to shove it up front of the Supreme court before the election,THEY want it off the table as an issue prior to next Nov.
    "They", meaning Barry Obama, believe there is a good chance they will win with the Supremes is why the chance is being taken before the November elections. With a win probably half the attacks on Barry are eliminated.

I believe there will be the ideological split so often seen but this time Alito and Kennedy will vote 'Barry Care' is not illegal.

Wart

"They", meaning Barry Obama, believe there is a good chance they will win with the Supremes is why the chance is being taken before the November elections. With a win probably half the attacks on Barry are eliminated.

I believe there will be the ideological split so often seen but this time Alito and Kennedy will vote 'Barry Care' is not illegal.

Wart
    I hope you are wrong, but I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that you will not be.

NRA Endowment Member

I hope you are wrong, but I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that you will not be.
    YESSSS.......please let me be wrong.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by nitewatcher View Post
    5-4 unconstitutional.
    5-4 constitutional. Justice Kennedy will be the swing voter and will back this Obamanation in the name of interstate commerce regulation. Alito 'may' even vote for this thing.....same reason....interstate commerce. We could easily wind up losing 6-3.

Wart

Anyone else the piece by Forbes and get the idea the evidence presented isn't as cut-n-dry as the author wants it to be? It's more like he's offering anecdotal evidence to support his position then just giving the numbers on those paying taxes on a million plus being job creators.

Quote Originally Posted by nitewatcher View Post
    5-4 unconstitutional. I know judges should not hold a grudge, but remember when they 5-4 over turned campaign finance. obama during his state of the union singled out the Justices for a public scolding.... Dont think for a minute that they don't remember that little episode. im a gambling man so i'll bet a case of Wolf X39
    5-4 constitutional. Justice Kennedy will be the swing voter and will back this Obamanation in the name of interstate commerce regulation. Alito 'may' even vote for this thing.....same reason....interstate commerce. We could easily wind up losing 6-3.

Wart
    The SCOTUS ruling will be more interesting with Kuntbag Kagan recused. So, if Kennedy goes in favor of obamacare, we could see a split decision of 4-4.

BTW, I despise dingy harry, he has devolved into the scumiest of scum. Cowboy poets and unicorns be damned!
    I voted for Angle, only because the other option was reid.
    Last edited by ATAK, Inc.; 12-27-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

Quote Originally Posted by ATAK, Inc. View Post
    The SCOTUS ruling will be more interesting with Kuntbag Kagan recused. So, if Kennedy goes in favor of obamacare, we could see a split decision of 4-4.

BTW, I despise dingy harry, he has devolved into the scumiest of scum. Cowboy poets and unicorns be damned!
    I voted for Angle, only because the other option was reid.
    I don't believe Kagan will recuse herself. AND, if I have this right, only Kagan can recuse Kagan.

Wart