Thread: Homeless people "occupy" abandoned U.S. homes

Thumbs up Homeless people "occupy" abandoned U.S. homes

More than 700,000 homes owned by banks are empty in the US. Millions more properties risk falling to the same fate due to a foreclosure crisis.

Fuelled by popular anger at banks and financial institutions, the Occupy Wall Street movement recently promoted "home occupations" in 20 cities across the country.

And the number of organisations facilitating these actions is growing.

Kristen Saloomey reports from Rochester, New York.
    http://www.aljazeera.com/video/ameri...012556336.html

Video at the link.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    So, "breaking and entering" it is...
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Of the three houses my wife and I own atleast one is always unoccupied, hopefully we never find an occupier in one, they don't seem like the type of people who improve a neighborhood...

so your visiting the muslim websites now. What a great source for propaganda. BTW,
    just because your not in your car doesn't give someone else the right to drive it. Seriously?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

A few instances of the homeowner shooting these trespassing wastes of protoplasm might send a message to others who have the same inclinations. I'm getting fed up with all these assholes, who decided early on to suck off the teat of society, feeling they are entitled to, or have the right to, the fruits of others' labors. A showdown is coming and it isn't going to be pretty...at least, for those on the receiving end. Screw them all and let Allah sort them out.

Guys, we're talking about homes the banks have foreclosed on and kicked the old homeowners out of. The banks own those homes, not individuals. It's not like people are squatting in other people's homes, but homes owned by the faceless bank corporations.

Often times these homes sit vacant for months before they ever get sold.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Guys, we're talking about homes the banks have foreclosed on and kicked the old homeowners out of. The banks own those homes, not individuals. It's not like people are squatting in other people's homes, but homes owned by the faceless bank corporations.

How do you tell one of my unoccupied homes from a bank own unoccupied home? Do these people ask before moving in? Wasn't there a thread yesterday about a homeowner shooting an occupier living in his home?
    Last edited by mriddick; 12-30-2011 at 03:26 AM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

There ARE faces there if you look hard enough. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure, if you go into any bank, large or small, you'll see faces. Buildings, including bank buildings, have people in them and those people have faces. I agree that larger banks, and bank corporations, can be impersonal in their dealings with people, but there are still faces in those corporations. Whether it belongs to a corporation, or just average people, those houses are still owned by somebody and it's surely not these squatters. They are trespassers, at the very least, and probably vandals, to boot. (After all, why take care of a place that's not yours?)

So, these squatters have no rights to be in those buildings because they don't own them. It makes no differences who owns them. As long as you don't own it, it's not yours, period.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

I worry about this....

happening at my east TX camp. However, I am prepared if I discover squatters. The hole is already dug in the swampy area of my 9 acres.....chris3

Silly rabbit, just what do you think that many homeless people have been doing for shelter all these years?
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC