Thread: People finder - what's the best site?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Question People finder - what's the best site?

OK, I know there's some experts here on this subject.

I need to find some land owners who have proved elusive. I'm helping the electric man who need's them to sign an easement form for running electrical poles in front of their property along a road (I didn't know they had to ask permission for this but I guess they do...) and the electric rep can't find some - so, I told him I'd give it a shot.

So... help!

I have their name and an address but need a phone number.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Go to the county and ask, it's worked for me every time.

Thanks guys.

Well, I did find zabasearch but that only went so far and seems to now be a lead-in to intelius anyway so I just caved and paid the 24 hour pass fee. Found all three of the people that I was looking for.

One is in Chicago and looks like a whore or something - she's had 10 addresses all in the same general area - also had alias names listed and shit. Hope the electric company can get her to sign a release.... she'll probalby want money or something....

Time will tell but at least they now have the contact information. They've received three "OK's" back so far and need these other three so that the lines can be run in front of their parcels on the way over to my place...

Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Go to the county and ask, it's worked for me every time.
    The electric coop is getting their info from the county I'm pretty sure. I'm betting there's a bunch of properties there that are default on thier taxes... I wonder how the "estates" keep posession... you'd think they'd be put up on auction after a period of time. Some of these go back to the "40 acres and a mule" emancipation.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I was of the understanding that utilities, county governments, state governments, and such, already had easement rights, for about 60 feet of your property that abuts public property, i.e., roads, parks, etc. and didn't need your permission to run lines or dig ditches, or whatever.

Around here, if you deny them access, the state will move in and condemn your property and you are left with little recourse except a long and expenseive court battle. Usually, the state, or utility company, does pay you pretty well for your "condemned" property, but what it really boils down to is if these entities want it, they get it.

I'm guessing this is state law?

I may not be getting the whole story here - what may be happening is that they want to bring the line through these people's properties... I thought it was along the road in front of them...

Maybe Mississippi law is different...

Thanks but I found em all.