Thread: MF Global chief missing $1.2B is financial adviser to EPA

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

MF Global chief missing $1.2B is financial adviser to EPA

During two days of recent congressional hearings into how as much as $1.2 billion disappeared from MF Global customer accounts, the chief operating officer of the imploding investment firm responded again and again that he did not know.

Yet as the House and Senate interrogated Bradley I. Abelow and other top executives at MF Global Holdings Ltd., lawmakers did not mention Mr. Abelow’s role as a financial adviser for the Environmental Protection Agency, which as of Tuesday listed him as the chairman of its financial advisory board.

During his testimony to the House, Mr. Abelow said his total compensation at MF Global was a guaranteed $3 million. He joined the firm in September 2010 as chief operating officer, then was named president in March.

At appearances before House and Senate committees, Mr. Abelow expressed sorrow for the company’s more than 2,500 employees who are facing unemployment and investors who have been unable to recoup their funds.

“As the president and chief operating officer of MF Global, I am deeply sorry for the hardship they have all endured,”
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...er-epa/?page=1
    The man is all heart, I wonder how much of his $3,000,000 will go to taxes and to charity. If any of us tried that we would be looking out at the world through bars. Well one can always hope.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Just wait till he gets the next multimillion dollar job offer and take a little out every month till the debt is paid off. I'm sure somewhere out there some board is bound to find his experience worthy of a new work contract.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

.....he did not know.
    .....lawmakers did not mention ...
    .....expressed sorrow....
    .....deeply sorry....

Wart

Guess he forgot to take any responsibility.