Thread: Well, going to make one more effort at bagging bambi...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Well, going to make one more effort at bagging bambi...

I'm going back to MS next week early to do some hunting - I'm going to use a rifle but also bringing my G20SF. Since all of my handloading shit is packed into boxes and so is the ammo - and it's hard to find... I decided to just buy some factory ammo - Win Silvertips. 175 grains at 1290 fps = fairly hot loads and proven deer medicine. Took the last two boxes on the shelf at Cabelas... damn - it was busier than shit there too in the gun section. A mob. Good to see.

I'm going to be putting up three more ladder stands which will add to the short-distance stands already there which have no shots over 75 yards and most likely more like 50 or less. Perfect for the Glock.

Here's an old pic of it:

I was hoping to have the 6" Storm Lake SS barrel by now but alas - they are made to order (at least where I bought it) and it will be another 4 weeks before it arrives.... heading to the range tomorrow to check zero with the silvertips.

It's got night sights installed and a 4" Storm Lake barrel - though, the stock barrel would be fine for these....
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 12-30-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I had HUGE pig signs at my place and got called back to the job site in New Mexico...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I have had little to no time to hunt this season too. Looking forward to next year when I can just walk out of the house and start hunting....
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~