Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Years Eve-Shots Fired

well, wouldn't you know, mostly fireworks, but I did hear gunshots in the distance

Sounded like a war zone here just a couple minutes ago. Now I hear sirens in the distance. Saw a few fireworks, also heard what was obviously an AK, a lot of bangs that came in 6's, and what I think was a pump shotgun...with all the houses and the reverb it's hard to tell fireworks from gunshots.

I stepped outside for a minute until I heard something thud about 30 feet from me, then said F... it, I'm too old for this shit

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    people can be killed by falling bullets, and I love my rights too much to lose them

therefore, I will simply listen to the fools around me shoot off their guns and hope they don't damage my home with them
    My new years day routine is to climb up on my roof and check for damage, there's about 10 parties going on right now and lots of gunfire, the worst will come in about 45 min. when it's 12:00. The guys across the field behind my house are firing shotguns, hope it's just bird shot.

We repair a lot of bullet holes in roofs every january/february. We got a call from a family dollar store last year for a roof leak in january, it was a hole about 1/2" through the R-panel metal roof. When my foreman told the manager what he repaired she told him she had found a bullet on the floor inside the store and thought a customer had dropped it.

Sounds like somebody unloaded an SKS some ways away. The rednecks do the same thing at the end of the day during deer hunting too, guess they haven't figured out how to get the "boolits" out of the gun safely.

It was pretty crazy here, lots of AK sounding blasts, maybe some AR's in there too. Then sirens. Tomorrow at work I'm going to ask around and see if anyone they know of got hurt or not. Christmas was pretty bad, lots of gunfire then, and the 4th of July I know of a few guys getting shot at a party over some BS. Sounded like a warzone.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    Sounds like somebody unloaded an SKS some ways away. The rednecks do the same thing at the end of the day during deer hunting too, guess they haven't figured out how to get the "boolits" out of the gun safely.
    Boolits are cast projectiles, not a word used by rednecks. Just FYI
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Well, I opted out after all. Too much grief over it from the wife.

I didnt hear a damn shot last night on the way home. Live in city limits so no shots can be discharged there but ussually I hear shots on my way home from the folks but not last night.

Popo was out in force tho, got stopped in TWO blockades probably not 7 miles from each other.

And yes, this is in bumfuck KY.
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

I thought about shooting the 300BLK in celebration but then figured, what would be the point?

I kid of course.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

I woder if the cops don't just drive around with their sirens on to discourage people from shooting their guns?

I heard sirens blaring away as usual but it still sounded like a warzone, and I've never heard of anybody getting arrested or fined for discharging a firearm in the city limits on New Year's Eve.

We just stayed in and watched Larry Crowne. Good movie.
    I can pretty much shoot when I want around here, so NYE is just an arbitrary point in time that says we've made another loop around the nearest star. No need to waste ammo.
    Have a Happy and safe New Year though.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

I live in Oklahoma City and was THE quietest New Year I've ever seen. Maybe 12:10 AM I heard one string of fire crackers and that was it. I was up until a little after 2:00 AM and there was just nothing....not even sirens.

Wart

I was asleep last night at 9:30. Didn't hear sh*t except for my Wife's snoring.....

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Well, I opted out after all. Too much grief over it from the wife.
    That's good. I didn't unfortunately and my machinegun wouldn't function properly when my daughter was set to let off a 30 round mag of blanks at midnight, about 3 shots went off. I then spent the next hour or so trying to get it to run, testing it in the house while my wife was trying to sleep....Not a good idea especially when I got it running through whole mags..... My wife was just a little pissed off. At least I got some action BEFORE then....

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    That's good. I didn't unfortunately and my machinegun wouldn't function properly when my daughter was set to let off a 30 round mag of blanks at midnight, about 3 shots went off. I then spent the next hour or so trying to get it to run, testing it in the house while my wife was trying to sleep....Not a good idea especially when I got it running through whole mags..... My wife was just a little pissed off. At least I got some action BEFORE then....
    Gotta respect the 'ol lady and her wishes...

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Running a mag of FA blanks through the 180 in the house with the wife sleeping?...now that is red neck, I'm impressed

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Running a mag of FA blanks through the 180 in the house with the wife sleeping?...now that is red neck, I'm impressed
    Through the 18, alcohol was involved. Hey I'm a northerner but yeah I might have a little redneck in me, it depends, my father and his family were from MO. kinda mixed right?

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    AR-18 is the FA and the AR-180 is the semi.

Wart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12