I am finishing an AK 47 build and would like to build a pistol. I collect WW11 rifles but really have not done much in regards to pistols. Anyhoo I want to custom build a 1911 but have not decided which Manufacturer. Being a Newbie dont taunt me too bad about my well thought out questions.
If I buy a Caspian or Fusion frame can I buy Colt or Springfield parts to build off these frames. Also lets say I buy a Colt slide can I buy a Springfield trigger mechanism? I am not going for tactical as much as a WOW factor. I am pretty fortunate since I was 12 years old i can pick up any Rifle or pistol and pretty much hit anything dead on. Not bragging but I firmly believe some people are just born with certain talents like a Baseball player or Artist. Since I was asking such newbie questions I had to embelish some. By the way the Romanain Build was harder than I thought it would be but learned a lot and did it as a Dad Son project. Probably could have have bought 2 new ones after all the neat tools I bought. You should have seen my wife's face when the 12 ton press came in. Anyhoo any and all comments would help since my son is chomping at the bit to get started.