Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IOWA CAUCUS LIVE VOTING ***NOW***

I don't see the establishment being all that upset with Santorum, surely not enough to throw the election to Mitt. If anything it shows the system works as the choice came down to roughly the two least tarnished people in the field and rejected the more "compromised" ones. If you count it as conservative VS moderate the conservative side won by a landslide. Now if the Conservative side can rally behind one person and not split the vote allowing Mitt to win by a technicality we might get somewhere.

Contributor 05/2012

Attacks to start on Santorum now.

Quote Originally Posted by CigarGuy View Post
    Attacks to start on Santorum now.
    Expect Santorums, "proud to bring home the bacon" statements to be played over and over again...

Contributor 05/2012

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Expect Santorums, "proud to bring home the bacon" statements to be played over and over again...
    ..........and in a warped sense, I can not fault him for that...............
    THAT'S the way it WAS played back then and THAT'S the way you got reelected(not sure if the BACK THEN is appropriate, yet?)

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I don't see the establishment being all that upset with Santorum, surely not enough to throw the election to Mitt. If anything it shows the system works as the choice came down to roughly the two least tarnished people in the field and rejected the more "compromised" ones. If you count it as conservative VS moderate the conservative side won by a landslide. Now if the Conservative side can rally behind one person and not split the vote allowing Mitt to win by a technicality we might get somewhere.
    Agreed. As I've posted previously, Santorum isn't the "perfect" candidate but he's one I could probably vote for with little or no hesitation. More importantly he might be someone the majority of Americans, conservative and moderate alike can get behind come November. From what I've been reading Obama can't run on his achievements so he will pretty much have to run an attack campaign against the Republican nominee. Santorum may well be the best candidate to standup to that type of campaign and win against it. Also from what I've heard South Carolina will be primary that pretty much decides the candidate. I guess we'll see later this month.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12