Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IOWA CAUCUS LIVE VOTING ***NOW***

IOWA CAUCUS LIVE VOTING ***NOW***

8:16 p.m. ET - According to the second round of CNN entrance polling of caucus-goers: Paul and Romney are tied at 24% followed by Santorum at 18%, Gingrich at 13%, Perry at 11%, Bachmann at 7% and Huntsman at 1%
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...iowa-caucuses/

Oh, the suspense is killing me!

Last edited by LAGC; 01-03-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I can't think of anything more boring.

Smile

Ronald Ernest Paul . . . . . . . . . . . 3,581 (24%)
    Willard M. "Mitt" Romney . . . . . . . 3,466 (23%)
    Richard John "Rick" Santorum . . . . 3,442 (23%)
    Newton L. "Newt" Gingrich . . . . . . 1,956 (13%)
    James Richard Perry . . . . . . . . . . 1,439 (10%)
    Michele Marie Bachmann . . . . . . . 929 (6%)
    Jon Meade Huntsman, Jr. . . . . . . 92 (1%)

with 12% of precincts reporting in
    Looks like this could be a nail-biter...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    But as I understand it, aren't you hoping they all lose?

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    But as I understand it, aren't you hoping they all lose?
    As President Obama put it: "I'm waiting for them to all vote themselves off the island."

(The GOP clown-car is about to get a whole lot smaller...)

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    I don't care who wins, as long as Obama has to pack up his carpetbag and vacate the White House.

Well at least he's being more intellectually honest and has dropped the line about wanting to vote for someone other then obama.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Well at least he's being more intellectually honest and has dropped the line about wanting to vote for someone other then obama.
    As I said before, the only way I'd vote for Obama at this point is if a hard-core social conservative like Bachmann, Perry, or Santorum got the nod -- and purely on a lesser-of-two-evils basis.

If its Newt or Mittens (or even Herman Cain, before he blew up) who win, I'll vote third-party.

Idaho is a heavily Republican state regardless, so whoever wins the nomination is going to win in the general election as well here, so its almost pointless voting anyway.

Updated 7:28 p.m. EST, Jan 3, 2012

Willard M. "Mitt" Romney . . . . . . 6,297 (23%)
    Richard John "Rick" Santorum . . . 6,256 (23%)
    Ronald Ernest Paul . . . . . . . . . . 6,240 (23%)

22% of precincts reporting in
    Damn, this is a tight three-way race!

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    As I said before, the only way I'd vote for Obama at this point is if a hard-core social conservative like Bachmann, Perry, or Santorum got the nod -- and purely on a lesser-of-two-evils basis.

If its Newt or Mittens (or even Herman Cain, before he blew up) who win, I'll vote third-party.

Idaho is a heavily Republican state regardless, so whoever wins the nomination is going to win in the general election as well here, so its almost pointless voting anyway.
    You seemed to mention everyone but Ron Paul in that list. Does that mean if he wins he will be liberal enough for you?

Roadhouse Groupee

Ron Paul . . liberal???

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    You seemed to mention everyone but Ron Paul in that list. Does that mean if he wins he will be liberal enough for you?
    To be honest, I don't know.

First of all, I don't think the Republican Establishment will allow someone like Ron Paul to win.

We already got a taste of them "pulling out all the stops" with the racism allegations (over his newsletters and his vote against the Civil Rights Act) once it looked like he might possibly win. It's only going to get much worse if he wins Iowa tonight.

As my brother (who supports Ron Paul) points out though, if any business tried to deny service to African Americans these days, they'd be boycotted right out of business. So maybe a Federal anti-discrimination law isn't necessary any more.

I like his foreign policy and social issues views (except for abortion), but his domestic economic views are pretty extreme.

Cutting everyone off welfare cold-turkey would definitely save the government a lot of money, but would put a lot of people out on the streets.

I'd love to see him debate Obama and focus attention on the bogus "War on Drugs" and meddlesome foreign aid and interventionism in foreign affairs, even if he doesn't win in November.
    Last edited by LAGC; 01-03-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Roadhouse Groupee

if Ron Paul wins the headline will read ROMNEY FINISHES 3RD!!

Updated 8:43 p.m. EST, Jan 3, 2012
    Richard John "Rick" Santorum . . . . . . 16,916 (25%)
    Willard M. "Mitt" Romney . . . . . . . . . 15,688 (23%)
    Ronald Ernest Paul . . . . . . . . . . . . . 14,459 (21%)

60% of precincts reporting in
    Not looking too good for Ron Paul...

They are calling it for RP as coming in 3rd.

Updated 9:37 p.m. EST, Jan 3, 2012

Richard John "Rick" Santorum . . . . . . 28,929 (25%)
    Willard M. "Mitt" Romney . . . . . . . . . 28,861 (25%)
    Ronald Ernest Paul . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25,025 (21%)

95% estimated in
    Gonna be a close one between Mittens and Frothy Mix.

Updated 12:00 a.m. EST, Jan 4, 2012
    Richard John "Rick" Santorum . . . . . . 29,968 (25%)
    Willard M. "Mitt" Romney . . . . . . . . . 29,964 (25%)
    Ronald Ernest Paul . . . . . . . . . . . . . 26,186 (21%)

99% estimated in
    Holy shit, 4-vote difference! Don't ever say your individual vote doesn't matter!

Exclamation

MITTENS JUST STOLE THE ELECTION!

Live on CNN right now, they're saying that last precinct put Romney ahead by 8 fucking votes!

And Santorum was ahead the whole fucking night!

I now see how dirty the Republican Establishment is going to play this election!

The fix is in!

Contributor 05/2012

So, you are a Santorum supporter?

Quote Originally Posted by CigarGuy View Post
    So, you are a Santorum supporter?
    Nope, but unsurprised that Mittens was declared the winner is such a close race.

(Close enough to steal.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast