Thread: Church of Scientology Clergy Woman Speaks Out Against Leader

Exclamation Church of Scientology Clergy Woman Speaks Out Against Leader

A simmering conflict at the Church of Scientology has been made spectacularly public after a member of the organisation's clergy circulated a letter raising severe criticisms of both the management style and financial policies of its current leader, David Miscavige.

Debbie Cook's email, which was sent to 12,000 fellow Scientologists shortly after midnight on New Year's Day, alleges that Mr Miscavige has adopted a dictatorial leadership style which is at odds with the doctrines laid down by the church's founder, the science fiction author, L Ron Hubbard.

She further claims that, since succeeding Hubbard after his death in 1986, Mr Miscavige has become obsessed with fundraising. His regime is now "hoarding" a cash reserve of more than a billion dollars, she claims, and has spent tens of millions more on a portfolio of large, "posh" buildings which largely sit empty.

Ms Cook's criticisms strike a chord with many disaffected recent defectors from the church. But her highly respected status within the usually secretive world of Scientology may also give them weight among more active members.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-6284546.html

Crazy fuckers got everyone duped. When people ask how Judaism, Christianity, or Islam all started, herein lies the answer.

The only difference between "cult" and "religion" is the size of the following...

I shiver to think that Scientology could be the dominant religion 1000 years from now...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

I predict 1000 years from now (actually 100) the dominate religion will be secularism and in some ways it might be best for all involved.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I predict 1000 years from now (actually 100) the dominate religion will be secularism and in some ways it might be best for all involved.
    Agreed.

As scientific knowledge increases, the need for religion decreases. (Not saying what's right.)

Wart

The way I see it, Science can be a religion as well, and is the religion of choice of most atheists.