Thread: Why Do All the Assholes and Spree Killers Have to Have Such Cool Guns?

Question Why Do All the Assholes and Spree Killers Have to Have Such Cool Guns?

This is the guy who murdered that Park Ranger in Mount Rainier National Park on New Year's Day:

According to police and court documents, Barnes had a troubled transition to civilian life, with accusations in a child custody dispute that he suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder following his Iraq deployments and was suicidal.
    http://news.yahoo.com/police-body-fo...224005459.html

Sounds like a poster boy for better mental health care treatment for our Vets, not more gun control...

Anyway, it looks like he's sporting a Saiga 12-gauge with one monster mag, but the local media of course reported it as an "AK-variant assault-rifle."

Those things look ideal for home defense, can pump out some serious lead. They better not ban them before I get a chance to buy one...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Yep, Saiga and MAC-10. While nice, there are cooler firearms around.

Why do you people insist on glorifying the acts of these retards? I swear to Christ, be it the media or the token "forum liberal", you pinkos will do ANYTHING to get the feats these assclowns do into the limelight.

Until just now I was able to avoid seeing ANYTHING this shitbag did, which worked fine by me as notoriety was his goal. But now, thanks to you, I will grant him exactly what he wanted.

I think I'm going to use the ignore feature now...

Ahhh man... like a great stupidity has been lifted from my shoulders... Seriously, you guys should try this...
    Last edited by gpwasr10; 01-04-2012 at 02:44 AM.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    Why do you people insist on glorifying the acts of these retards? I swear to Christ, be it the media or the token "forum liberal", you pinkos will do ANYTHING to get the feats these assclowns do into the limelight.
    I wasn't glorying his actions, just admiring his particular choice of firearms.

I mean, we can all stick our collective heads in the sand and pretend a small minority of folks don't abuse guns, or we can confront it head on. Just because the antis love to point to these anecdotal accounts to drum up support for banning entire classes of arms, doesn't mean we shouldn't be concerned which classes of arms are at risk of being demagogued into oblivion.

As I said, this incident doesn't scream out for gun control as much as it does for better mental health treatment for our Vets. Did you not even read the article I linked to? The kid cried out for help, and didn't get it in time. It's a tragedy and a shame. This kind of shit is entirely preventable, we just have to focus on the true causes.

You mean you've suffered all my political posts this whole time in General Discussion, but only now that I post something in the General Firearms forum, you take offense?

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

If the object was to deal with mental health issues with Vets then you really should of worked the title better since it makes you sound like "Gee such neat firearms these nuts have"...

Between your history and the title I think people fully expect this to a trap of sorts.

Remember that San Francisco shootout in 1994? (no not the Embarcadero ONE building shootout that Gian Luigi Ferry did which was one of the incidents which PASSED the original Clinton Assault Weapon Ban) but the one where the HOMELESS DRIFTER Victor Boutwell got into a shoot out with San Francisco Cops in the Pacific Heights District (the upscale neighborhood where Dianne Feinstein lives). He shot up a whole lot of buildings and police cars and got one cop (James Guelff) with a single head shot while Guelff pinned down and trying to reload. (San Francisco actually lifted their own high cap ban on their own police after that incident and ever since the cops carried semiautos with high caps).

The "homeless drifter" Boutwell starting a running gun battle with cops after a failed carjacking attempt. Actually Boutwell was trying to escape towards the rural areas of Marin County. He had during his shootout:
    1) Colt Series 80 National Match .45 pistol with target sights
    2) Fabrique Nationale FNC
    3) Original Austrian Steyr AUG
    4) Colt AR15 HBAR (not confirmed)

Talk about nice guns...

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

The psycho asshole in that photo is holding a cheap semi-auto MAC clone and a Russian shotgun, neither of which I consider this side of "cool".

b/c they were smarter than a small time felon such as yourself

why are you even here?

you can't own firearms.

Oh, that's right. "Trolling"

Of course, I'm 100% sure that you've got heat. Why else would you come here day after day after day, unless it was to troll. And surely that would never be allowed.

What pisses me off is that we actively aid and abet your communist, criminal ass in attaining firearms knowledge that you would love to use against us while destroying the country and rights that we love.

Oh well.

Regardless, you're still a piece of shit. And when you get caught with something you ain't supposed to have, I'll laugh my ass off knowing full well you are on your knees bobbin' up and down on some real felons on a daily basis.

Until just now I was able to avoid seeing ANYTHING this shitbag did, which worked fine by me as notoriety was his goal. But now, thanks to you, I will grant him exactly what he wanted.

Ahhh man... like a great stupidity has been lifted from my shoulders... Seriously, you guys should try this...
    LOL
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

HA! IT JUST DAWNED ON ME!

THE MURDERER REMINDS LAGC OF HIS OL' PRISON ROOMIE!

YOU KNOW, THE ONE THAT USED TO USE LAGC FOR HIS FUCK TOY!!!!

BWAAHAHAHHAHAAA!

Just another looser

This guy is just another coward and looser who gives all gun nuts a bad name and causes stupid laws to be enacted. May he rot in hell for what he did.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    The psycho asshole in that photo is holding a cheap semi-auto MAC clone and a Russian shotgun, neither of which I consider this side of "cool".
    this

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Mac10 and Saiga are the coolest? No wonder he killed himself and went bezerk, not necessarily in that order.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    From my VA mental health counselor, "There is a point at which PTSD ends and ASSHOLE begins."
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Have you ever noticed that when a current or former military member commits a crime, it's an almost automatic label on the perp? Like, 'John Doe, a former desk clerk with 123 Regiment was pulled over for speeding yesterday because he suffered from post traumatic stress disorder'. Not trying to make light of the seriousness of the problem, but when everything a member does winds up with the tag line 'PTSD', there's a problem. It's like they're either trying to scare the shit out of the public, i.e. every vet has PTSD and is waiting to snap, or it's sheer ignorance i.e. he's a vet so he MUST have PTSD.

Sorry, I'll pick up my soapbox and go home now.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Yeah, the ignore feature works great, EXCEPT when another member uses the 'ignored' members quote in his reply. This defeats the ignore feature.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

What is that on the chair on the left side of the picture? AR?

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    What is that on the chair on the left side of the picture? AR?
    I adjusted the exposure, and it resembles a PS90 (?).

CCW Permit
    03 FFL