Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If Iran Blocks the Straits, Worldwide Recession Is Sure

My understanding is that the allied forces will take the part of Iran that bottlenecks the gulf, then bring in UDTs and a butt load of explosives, blow the block in place, and a few hours/days later the oil will flow again.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    It's an odd logic that has Iran closing the straights then claiming they would be the one's being attacked. Historically the blockaiding power has been seen as the aggressor.
    The premise is that Iran would move to close the straits and the Gate of Tears in response to an attack.

Wart

Without comment.

Wart

An Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear facilities would almost certainly be the beginning of a long-term process of regular Israeli air strikes to further prevent the development of nuclear weapons and medium-range missiles. Iranian responses would also be long-term, ushering in a lengthy war with global as well as regional implications.

The report concludes that “the consequences of a military attack on Iran are so serious that they should not be encouraged in any shape or form. However difficult, other ways must be found to resolve the Iranian nuclear crisis.”

* Note: Months before the Iraq War in 2003, Oxford Research Group published a report, “Iraq: Consequences of a War”, also by Professor Paul Rogers, that warned of high civilian casualties, the development of an insurgency, increased support for al-Qaida and widespread anti-Americanism, if the war went ahead.

http://www.oxfordresearchgroup.org.u...ct_and_effects

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    Again I ask. Where did I say the other brances were not following suite ??

Wart
    Are you mentally impaired???

Do you even read what is written?

You need to re-read my first post. There you will find your answer.

All I could clearly speak for is the AF, the I made the statement, "To say the other branches aren't following suite is absurd."

I never said one thing about what you did, or didn't say, just the fact that all of the branches have evolved, and continue to evolve their respective missions since the end of the cold war.

To that end, the Navy has been involved in a wide array of tactics training and, like we agree on, is slowly getting equipment to better serve these new tasks.

Do me a favor, show me where I said anything about you, in any way, in any of my posts, besides this one (I know I need to spell that out), You were only incorrect in your original statement that the Navy is ill equiped to fight in these new scenarios.
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

Our real ally, Great Britain, is smart enough to understand the consequences.

Wart

Fri Jan 6, 2012 3:56PM GMT

The British Defense Secretary says London is against preemptive military action against Iran as it will threaten the global economic growth by disrupting oil flow through the Strait of Hormuz.

Addressing a conference on "NATO and the Case for Collective Defense in the 21st Century" at Atlantic Council in Washington, Philip Hammond noted, “We would not be in favor of a preemptive strike on Iran.”

"It is in all our interests that the arteries of global trade are kept free, open and running,” he added.

Hammond emphasized that the disruption of oil flow through the Strait of Hormuz would threaten regional and global economic growth.

Quote Originally Posted by ATAK, Inc. View Post

Do you even read what is written?

You need to re-read my first post. There you will find your answer.

All I could clearly speak for is the AF, the I made the statement, "To say the other branches aren't following suite is absurd."

I never said one thing about what you did, or didn't say, just the fact that all of the branches have evolved, and continue to evolve their respective missions since the end of the cold war.

To that end, the Navy has been involved in a wide array of tactics training and, like we agree on, is slowly getting equipment to better serve these new tasks.

Do me a favor, show me where I said anything about you, in any way, in any of my posts, besides this one (I know I need to spell that out), You were only incorrect in your original statement that the Navy is ill equiped to fight in these new scenarios.
    You were only incorrect in your original statement that the Navy is ill equiped to fight in these new scenarios.
    I don't believe I made that statement but let's say that I did.

We're considering a scenario here where an attack on Iran will allegedly benefit Israel and some how also benefit the US. My opinion is that such an attack will negatively impact not only Iran but the US and Israel as well as every other damn country importing oil. The people of Iran, the majority of whom like the US, will solidify behind a leadership they despise if/when attacked.

Britain is not going along with this insanity nor is Russia or China. Vlad Putin has gotta be laughing his ass off at the prospects of oil at $140.00 - $200.00 per barrel delivered gratis by the stupid Americans.

Militarily, the US/Israel would be attacking a country with very limited goals. Disrupt the world economy by disrupting the flow of Middle Eastern oil.

Is this shit necessary ??

Wart

Israeli newspaper Haaretz said a majority of the 15 members of Israel's security cabinet voting against an attack on Iran, and a poll published by the newspaper also found Israeli public opinion divided, with 41 percent in favour, 39 percent opposed and 20 percent undecided.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201..._131233178.htm
    No one ever said the Israelis were stupid.

Wart

French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe said "a military intervention could create a situation that completely destabilizes the region" and would have irreparable repercussions for the world, when he told Europe 1 radio that his country would only go on with sanctions. The remarks by French diplomat came immediately after Israeli President Shimon Peres' intensified war rhetoric against Iran.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201..._131233178.htm
    As usual the French are smart enough to consider their own self interest.

Wart

Wart
    Is this shit necessary where I reply to you three times to explain, yet you ask the same stupid question, yet still have not acknowledged it. So yes, it is!

Member Since 07/2002

Wart
    Is this shit necessary where I reply to you three times to explain, yet you ask the same stupid question, yet still have not acknowledged it. So yes, it is!
    Alright, you'll join mriddick in the 'toothless chihuahua' kennel.

Wart

Wart = The "NEW JOEY" Can you hear me now?
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashorn View Post
    Wart = The "NEW JOEY" Can you hear me now?
    Why are you putting joey down like that, he is just a victem of his society.

wart really enjoys stirring the pot and pissing people off, but not me, not anymore.

It's just sad when I reply in a constructive way to his post and he is harping about shit that didn't even occur.

Member Since 07/2002

The Navy is in TRANSITION to a littoral fighting element.
    Never heard that word before.. had to look it up. Now added to my vocabulary.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Alright, you'll join mriddick in the 'toothless chihuahua' kennel.

Wart
    I take it I'm a "toothless chihuahua" because I didn't respond to you drunk posts fantasizing about my male member? I think we ought to just stick to the topic at hand and not use this thread as an outlet for you homoerotic dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Never heard that word before.. had to look it up. Now added to my vocabulary.
    Yeah I had to look up that word too when I started reading about the new Virginia class submarine a few years ago.

Wart

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123