Thread: I'm liking my new job

I'm liking my new job

I feel blessed to have a job with the current economy. It seems simple enough so far, and I get a pretty good wage. I had a somewhat difficult time finding a job though, how's everyone else doing with their job situation?
    Last edited by Justin; 01-06-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Glad you are happy with the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    Glad you are happy with the job.
    Thanks buddy, this is my first real job haha. I heard someone say when I was working yesterday, "It seems like no matter where you go these days, there's no good job." I said to him, "I'm just happy to have a job." haha
    Last edited by Justin; 01-06-2012 at 12:53 PM.

My work slows downn this time of year. So, I get to use up vacation, or take an extra day off or two.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I've been lucky to keep my job, but the hours have been cut so we get very little overtime. Personally, I think we will someday all be living like mad max. Got my mohawk and ass-less chaps at the ready.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I've been lucky to keep my job, but the hours have been cut so we get very little overtime. Personally, I think we will someday all be living like mad max. Got my mohawk and ass-less chaps at the ready.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

This is my 40th year at my job. Most people retire after 25-30 yrs. Of all the people who started out with me, only one is still around (this is his 41st year). He says he's going to retire after this year.

So far, I'm still loving it. I plan on working until I get tired of it, but so far, that day isn't even in sight yet.

Anyway, if I retired, all I'd do is spend all day in bed, asleep. While that lifestyle has a lot going for it, I prefer to keep busy. I'm having too much fun to quit.

My company had a big layoff right before Christmas, I only found out about it Jan 3rd from my boss (vacation over Christmas). I told him they really need to ask before they do it next time since I would go and let younger guys stay. We actually have quite a few older "part timers" who just hang on because they can, of course they didn't make the cut but they let go some pretty key people which does not bode well long term for the company.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    This is my 40th year at my job. Most people retire after 25-30 yrs. Of all the people who started out with me, only one is still around (this is his 41st year). He says he's going to retire after this year.

So far, I'm still loving it. I plan on working until I get tired of it, but so far, that day isn't even in sight yet.

Anyway, if I retired, all I'd do is spend all day in bed, asleep. While that lifestyle has a lot going for it, I prefer to keep busy. I'm having too much fun to quit.
    I got hired on with a group of other people, one of the guys just retired from the air force after serving for 24 years. I guess that he wants to keep busy too, instead of just sitting around.