Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year's Eve In Detroit/Mogadishu

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

New Year's Eve In Detroit/Mogadishu

Here's some interesting video that was shot by two stranded paramedics in Detroit last week. Apparently their truck broke down somewhere in the city around midnight & they decided to video record themselves with all the gunfire going on around them. Turn up your speakers to get the full effect:

Courtesy of Detroit Fox News.

Here's more or less what I heard in St. Louis.

Just to be clear it's not my video, but this is about what I heard. I think this is North City which is likely a bit worse than I heard in South City

"You deserve better Detroit" That's sort of the problem right there...

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    well I was in a small town in the amish country and it sounded the same....

My only question is how in the hell does that guy get a job as a reporter? I know it's a third world country and everything but seriously they don't have any Mcdonald's that need a night drive though manager?

I was in central KY and heard maybe 3 shots, granted in years before it sounded alot worse but this year there wasn't much. Maybe it's a sign the economy is improving in Detroit while KY's is still in trouble, we couldn't afford to waste bullets while they could

Damn, makes me want to move to a big city.....Not!

Battle Creek Mi was the same, it was like little Iraq. A lot of it was northside of my location but a lot also came from just east as well. Michigan is like little Africa, not a nice place to be anymore.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

We like to play the game "what caliber was that" while listening to the gun fire around here, we lost count after 100 shots fired and that was ten minutes till midnight

Ironic that the one paramedic being interviewed states "It's not something you expect in a large American city".

It may be a large city but it ceased to resemble America long ago.

I think Rush refers to Detroit as New Faluja <sp ?

Un-f king-believable!

I think Mogadishu is safer!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Question

Perhaps someone can explain it. I never did figure out why all the Arab's in the U.S. live in Michigan? It snow's up there. There is nowhere in the Middle East where it Snow's. Why would Arab's want to be there? I knew a Guy where I was stationed at Ft. Carson, who was orginally Egyptian. He had a hard time every Winter in Colo. and that was a Dry Cold. Arab's cannot handle Snow! like us.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Perhaps someone can explain it. I never did figure out why all the Arab's in the U.S. live in Michigan? It snow's up there. There is nowhere in the Middle East where it Snow's. Why would Arab's want to be there? I knew a Guy where I was stationed at Ft. Carson, who was orginally Egyptian. He had a hard time every Winter in Colo. and that was a Dry Cold. Arab's cannot handle Snow! like us.
    all the arabs live in michigan? isn't that a pretty long commute to come to a PA 7/11?

I like how the reporter says "automatic gun fire"....that was not automatic gunfire...

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    It actually does snow in many parts of the middle east. Lebanon, where most of them came from has snow somewhere in the country pretty much every winter. Obviously they choose the Detroit area for the employment opportunities and eventually formed a community on the outskirts.

One fun fact most people aren't aware of, most of the Arabs in the US are Christian, even in Dearborn.

Quote Originally Posted by linx310 View Post
    I like how the reporter says "automatic gun fire"....that was not automatic gunfire...
    Yeah, typical clueless msm firearm commentary. Sounds like rapid fire and maybe some good old-fashioned bumpin' thrown in...

Still, I would not want to be out on the streets in that American City with all those slugs flying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post

One fun fact most people aren't aware of, most of the Arabs in the US are Christian, even in Dearborn.
    A lot of the Arabs in the Chicago area are Muslim. The Christian ones are generally Chaldean from Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    A lot of the Arabs in the Chicago area are Muslim. The Christian ones are generally Chaldean from Iraq.
    The bulk in the US are still Christians from Lebanon

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    The bulk in the US are still Christians from Lebanon
    You wouldn't have a link or two to back that claim up by chance?

Most of the ones I've known over the years are Muslim: Iraqi, Syrian, Jordanian, Egyptian, Iranian (I know, they're Persian, same difference). I went to Catholic school with some Lebanese but they were a very small minority.

I don't know how this thread got sidetracked w/ the Arab thing anyway. I can guarantee that the overwhelming majority of the guns being fired in that video were not in the hands of "Arabs".
    Last edited by mrkalashnikov; 01-09-2012 at 06:09 PM.

One would only hope all that gun fire is pointed at the ground or somewhere safe, not just straight up into the air. All that shooting is just DUMB, taking the price of ammo. A few packs of firecrackers would have been a lot better, safer too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast