Wart

The ACLU ranks presidential candidates

Here are the 2012 candidates in order of ACLU preference:

Gary Johnson, libertarian w/ 21 torches

Ron Paul, libertarian w/ 18 torches

Barack Obama came in third w/ 16

Jon Huntsman w/ 12

Newt Gingrich and Rick Perry each got only 2 ACLU torches

Rating lowest and last on the ACLU scale are Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum with 0 torches. Michele Backmann also rated 0 but has dropped out of the race.

http://www.gopusa.com/freshink/2012/.../?subscriber=1
    Last edited by Warthogg; 01-09-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Torches? Things like this are worthless without the info behind them. Who is making the judgments, and what incident are they basing their outcome on?

It's the ACLU FOR Gods sake, who gives a shit what those treasonist fucks think.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    It\'s the ACLU FOR Gods sake, who gives a shit what those treasonist fucks think.
    Yeah, they only fight and advocate for most of the Bill of Rights. First Amendment, Fourth Amendment, Fifth Amendment, Sixth Amendment, Eighth Amendment, Ninth Amendment But who gives a damn, right?

I guess the Constitution is just a piece of paper too, eh?

Truth is, they\'ve done more to defend and promote American civil liberties than any other single organization.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

And ignore the 2nd and 10th... Constitutionals don't forget...

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    And ignore the 2nd and 10th... Constitutionals don't forget...
    +1 from me

Since every founding member of the ACLU, with one exception, was a member of the Communist Party, I think I'll invert their list.

The ACLU mantra is "use the Courts to destroy the American Constitution". It's reveals volumes about them if you look at the arguments they bring.

I am fairly new to this forum but I have to ask... Is LAGC a gunowner or is he/she here only for the social forums? If LAGC is a gunowner, I cannot understand how you (LAGC) can find compatability with your leftist views and ownership of guns and self-defense that Demokrat politicians are constantly attacking. Demokrats are out to gut or destroy the 2nd Amendment and prevent an honest citizen from rightful self-defense.
    Last edited by Texas Soldado; 01-10-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    Hell-bent, 100%, Texan til' I die...
    "Is not safe... Is GUN" -anonymous Russian Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Soldado View Post
    The ACLU mantra is "use the Courts to destroy the American Constitution". It's reveals volumes about them if you look at the arguments they bring.

I am fairly new to this forum but I have to ask... Is LAGC a gunowner or is he/she here only for the social forums? If LAGC is a gunowner, I cannot understand how you (LAGC) can find compatability with your leftist views and ownership of guns and self-defense that Demokrat politicians are constantly attacking. Demokrats are out to gut or destroy the 2nd Amendment and prevent an honest citizen from rightful self-defense.

For your edification, LAGC is a felon, waiting to see if someday he gets his rights back. His world view is at most entertaining.

Piss on any organization that picks and chooses which civil liberties they will protect.
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

This shows that the victims of the left wing of the left/right paradigm are waking up to the reality of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Yeah, they only fight and advocate for most of the Bill of Rights. First Amendment, Fourth Amendment, Fifth Amendment, Sixth Amendment, Eighth Amendment, Ninth Amendment But who gives a damn, right?

Truth is, they\'ve done more to defend and promote American civil liberties than any other single organization.

I find the ACLU as useful as tits on a bull or you for that matter, so go pound sand felon.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Based on their preferences, I guess my vote will be for either Romney or Santorum, even though I'm not overly crazy about Romney. But, if the left hates him, he can't be all bad.

Yeah. You know 0bamney sponsored what is now known as 0bamacare right? How antigun he is?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Yeah. You know 0bamney sponsored what is now known as 0bamacare right? How antigun he is?
    Honestly, I don't know a thing about any of them. I'll check them out when the playing field narrows down a little. All I do know, for sure, is that I'm not voting for Obamanation.

LAGC = Leftist Against Gun Control. He is pretty pro-gun, and even stood up to an ACLU speaker on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Focused Gunfire View Post
    LAGC = Leftist Against Gun Control. He is pretty pro-gun, and even stood up to an ACLU speaker on this issue.
    THEN WHY DOES HE DONATE TO THEM WHEN THEY ARE SO ANTI GUN?

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

YEP, THE DEFEND THE RIGHTS OF CHILD MOLESTERS, WHICH AMENDMENT WAS THAT AGAIN?

I do not know. Maybe drugs?

(Reuters) - The American Civil Liberties Union sued the state of Wisconsin on Tuesday over its law that will require voters to present official identification, claiming it is unconstitutional and will deprive citizens of their right to vote.

FIRST OFF, TELL ME WHO DOES NOT HAVE SOME FORM OF ID IN AMERICA, BE IT FOR DRIVING, SS, SELECTIVE SERVICE, WELFARE, WORK, COLLEGE, BANKING? AND IF YOU ARE OVER 18 AND DON'T HAVE AN ID OF ANY TYPE, DO WE REALLY WANT THEM TO BE ALLOWED TO VOTE?

SO WHICH RIGHT ARE THEY PROTECTING AGAIN?

Neb | Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:23am EST

(Reuters) - The American Civil Liberties Union is suing Nebraska's motor vehicle department for refusing to issue a personalized license plate that refers to an unofficial holiday known as National Pot Smoking Day.

ITS A GOVERNMENT LICENSE, NOT A POLITICAL PLATFORM FOR ILLEGAL DRUG USE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast