Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let the Romy AK tales begin!

was_peacemaker
    I don't care what anyone says! I would so rock n roll with that pink AK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
    Was the report pro-second amendment?
    Oh yeah. They were reporting on the fun show; how long it had been going on, how long we were there that weekend, what you could find, and of course a shameless plug for the show itself.

You can tell the difference of different reporters and networks. The guy I mentioned earlier works for the local Fox affiliate. I work a machine gun shoot at the Sturgis Rally, and have for the last 4 yrs. Last summer, a knuckle head from the local NBC station came by to do a report. Oh my God. The kid was scared half out of his mind. Tried to point him to where people were shooting the cool stuff so he could include it in his report, and when he went on air that night, my wife commented to me 'What the hell did you do to that poor kid? He was scared shitless doing that report.' My reply was 'Nothing we didn't do any other time of the day. Couple of bowling ball shots, lots of Ma Deuce, a smattering of automatic rifles and sub guns, and a little bit of Star Target (like Tannerite) thrown in. In other words, a normal day at the Shoot.' Even the Anchor Jerk noticed it. While the report was good, I wonder what we'dve got if the reporter wasn't a wuss.

Coincidentally, the guy who did the funshow report showed up this last year at the Shoot. We had a good talk about prairie dogs, hunting in general, and all manner of gun stuff. Unfortunately, he wasn't there as a camera jock/reporter. Just stopped by to see what all the hubbub was about.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    I don't care what anyone says! I would so rock n roll with that pink AK.
    We had a shoot last July or August and it was all men. I took the pink one just for shits & giggles. EVERY guy there was all over it like white on rice. It was SO not what I expected. I fully expected to be razzed about it all weekend and in fact, just the opposite happened.

BF, what do you do for a living? If you'd rather not post here, you can e-mail me.

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Herding cats would be the best way to describe it. I live on a farm, I have goats but not for money. They are someday supposed to be butchered and the hides harvested, for now they feed coyotes and a-hole dogs. I help the neighbors with harvest and livestock problems to be a good neighbor.

My first AK was a Romanian underfolder and now I'm hooked

Sorry BF, should have been directed to HAZMAT.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    Oh yeah. They were reporting on the fun show; how long it had been going on, how long we were there that weekend, what you could find, and of course a shameless plug for the show itself.

You can tell the difference of different reporters and networks. The guy I mentioned earlier works for the local Fox affiliate. I work a machine gun shoot at the Sturgis Rally, and have for the last 4 yrs. Last summer, a knuckle head from the local NBC station came by to do a report. Oh my God. The kid was scared half out of his mind. Tried to point him to where people were shooting the cool stuff so he could include it in his report, and when he went on air that night, my wife commented to me 'What the hell did you do to that poor kid? He was scared shitless doing that report.' My reply was 'Nothing we didn't do any other time of the day. Couple of bowling ball shots, lots of Ma Deuce, a smattering of automatic rifles and sub guns, and a little bit of Star Target (like Tannerite) thrown in. In other words, a normal day at the Shoot.' Even the Anchor Jerk noticed it. While the report was good, I wonder what we'dve got if the reporter wasn't a wuss.

Coincidentally, the guy who did the funshow report showed up this last year at the Shoot. We had a good talk about prairie dogs, hunting in general, and all manner of gun stuff. Unfortunately, he wasn't there as a camera jock/reporter. Just stopped by to see what all the hubbub was about.
    There's an annual machinegun shoot at Wyandotte here in OK, every June. Going to it next year, this year too if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical45 View Post
    Sorry BF, should have been directed to HAZMAT.

Not a problem, I'm thinking about the Police Academy or oilfield camp, one opens neat training opportunities the other actually pays.

I used to go to the full auto shoot in Knob Creek, KY. They have it twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. Age?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12