Thread: Supreme Court Delivers Knockout Punch to White House...

Supreme Court Delivers Knockout Punch to White House...

Let the good times role!

Wednesday the United States Supreme Court delivered a knockout blow to the White House in the cause of religious liberty.

Chief Justice John Roberts, writing for a unanimous court swatted away the government’s claim that the Lutheran Church did not have the right to fire a “minister of religion” who, after six years of Lutheran religious training had been commissioned as a minister, upon election by her congregation.

The fired minister -- who also taught secular subjects -- claimed discrimination in employment. The Obama administration, always looking for opportunities to undermine the bedrock of First Amendment religious liberty, eagerly agreed.

There was just one big problem standing in the way of the government's plan: the U.S. Constitution. For a long time American courts have recognized the existence of a "ministerial exemption" which keeps government’s hands off the employment relationship between a religious institution and its ministers or clergy.
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...#ixzz1jHjjSsOk
    In High school I thought Paradise Lost meant no more Crap games!

Member Since 07/2002

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

And the Supremes were unanimous.

Wart

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I wish they had been unanimous on Heller.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I wish they had been unanimous on Heller.
    I actually thought the Supremes might be unanimous on Heller. Both Laurence Tribe and Alan Dershowitz. verrry liberal Harvard professors, had agreed the Second Amendment actually meant what it said giving cover to liberal Supremes but still even that was not enough.

Wart

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    And the Supremes were unanimous.

Wart

+1

I'm shocked they could all agree on anything even if it is what's right

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Hardly a knock out punch, barely a toe stub. How about they hear one of the cases that keep getting filed about the White House residents murky past, his scholarships, his passports, hinky birth certificates, hokey social security card, bogus draft card and...well that should be enough for next Monday, Tuesday is another list.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.