Thread: Reality setting in on the state of the union

Reality setting in on the state of the union

from Zerohedge.........."Americans have been conditioned for 3 generations to expect the Savior State to "do something" during downturns to "make it right." The idea that systemic problems are now beyond the reach of the Federal government does not compute; there must be something the government can do to "fix" everything. This notion that the Central State is effectively omniscient and all-powerful is central to the belief system of Americans now. The concept that the government cannot fix the problem, or that government central-planning has made the problem worse, is anathema to everyone conditioned to believe government intervention will "save the day."

The basic reality is the Federal gov has already pulled out all the stops in the past 4 years to "make the economy recover," & all its unprecedented actions have accomplished is to maintain the Status Quo via unsustainably gargantuan borrowing, spending & backstopping."

http://www.zerohedge.com/
    Last edited by PROBASCO; 01-14-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Gold rush series

blah
    Last edited by PROBASCO; 01-14-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PROBASCO View Post
    Foir those of you who watch the show, the Big Nugget mine being shut down is a typical example of government regulation killing the American spirit and businesses for no good reason. Shutting down a mine that has had no accidents for 23 years because they didn't have a saftey "training program" is just ludacris.
    Yup. I was thinking the same thing while I watched the program tonight. Federal shut down....not the state.

Wart

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Beaans and bullets. can't stock enogh. Mostly beans.