Thread: Boat question...

Boat question...

Any of you guys in the boat sales profession or know anybody that is? Specifically Stratos sales...

I am looking at the Stratos 176XT... price is a factor... Good boat or not? Also... anybody know if there are any incentives from Stratos on this model? I know there is some incentive on some models. Is the 176XT included in those? Thanks for any help.
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Stratos years ago had a great reputation, but I haven't shopped boats in a long time...

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zoff12 View Post
    ..... anybody know if there are any incentives from Stratos on this model?
    On this question I would call or email the factory. Would not trust the average dealer to come clean.

price is a factor...
    Then why not a used boat ?? Let someone else take the 'new boat' depreciation hit.

Wart

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

A new boat loses 25% or 30% value as soon as it is sold... Most credit unions will finance a used boat as well as a new one, but the interest is a little higher and the terms are shorter.

There are a shitload of people trying to get out of boats and repo's right now.

I looked at the used route. Around here, they are not easily financing older than 2009. I can get the new boat for less per month than a used one and it is more than enough boat for me. This is probably the only one I will buy for the duration.
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

Picked up the boat today. OK... warmer weather... where is ya?
    Skäl